The Student Room Group

GCSE Citizenship Revision

Hey guys! I'm currently doing GCSE Citizenship as one of my GCSEs now and I have trouble in finding revision resources or helpful sites online for it. My exam board for the subject is Edexcel. Please let me know if someone knows any good sites for citizenship it would be really helpful.
bump
Reply 2
Of course, I'd be happy to help you with your GCSE Citizenship revision. GCSE Citizenship covers various topics related to government, politics, society, and active citizenship. Here are some key areas to focus on for your revision:

Political Systems and Structures:
Understand the structure of government in your country (e.g., the UK). Know about the different branches of government, their roles, and how they interact.
Learn about the electoral system, political parties, and the voting process.

Rights and Responsibilities:
Understand the rights and responsibilities of citizens. These may include freedom of speech, the right to vote, paying taxes, and obeying the law.
Be familiar with human rights and their significance.

Participation in Democracy:
Study the importance of political participation, including voting in elections and engaging in peaceful protests.
Learn about the role of media in democracy and how it influences public opinion.
Global Issues:
Explore global challenges such as climate change, migration, and global inequality.
Understand the role of international organizations like the United Nations in addressing global issues.

Citizenship in Society:
Examine the concept of diversity and equality in society.
Learn about different forms of discrimination and prejudice, and how to combat them.

Law and Justice:
Study the legal system in your country, including the court system and the principles of justice.
Understand the role of law enforcement and the importance of upholding the rule of law.

Social and Environmental Responsibility:
Explore the impact of individual and collective actions on the environment.
Learn about sustainable living and responsible consumption.

Case Studies and Current Events:
Analyze case studies and real-world events related to citizenship and political issues.
Stay updated with current events and news to understand their implications for citizenship.

Revision Resources:
Utilize textbooks, study guides, and online resources to reinforce your understanding of the topics.
Consider practicing with past exam papers to get a feel for the exam format.

Study Groups and Discussion:
Engage in discussions with classmates or join study groups to review and clarify concepts.
Remember to create a study schedule, take regular breaks, and practice answering exam-style questions to prepare effectively for your GCSE Citizenship exam. If you have specific questions or need further information on any of these topics, feel free to ask!
Reply 3
Thanks so

Original post by RASHID09
Of course, I'd be happy to help you with your GCSE Citizenship revision. GCSE Citizenship covers various topics related to government, politics, society, and active citizenship. Here are some key areas to focus on for your revision:

Political Systems and Structures:
Understand the structure of government in your country (e.g., the UK). Know about the different branches of government, their roles, and how they interact.
Learn about the electoral system, political parties, and the voting process.

Rights and Responsibilities:
Understand the rights and responsibilities of citizens. These may include freedom of speech, the right to vote, paying taxes, and obeying the law.
Be familiar with human rights and their significance.

Participation in Democracy:
Study the importance of political participation, including voting in elections and engaging in peaceful protests.
Learn about the role of media in democracy and how it influences public opinion.
Global Issues:
Explore global challenges such as climate change, migration, and global inequality.
Understand the role of international organizations like the United Nations in addressing global issues.

Citizenship in Society:
Examine the concept of diversity and equality in society.
Learn about different forms of discrimination and prejudice, and how to combat them.

Law and Justice:
Study the legal system in your country, including the court system and the principles of justice.
Understand the role of law enforcement and the importance of upholding the rule of law.

Social and Environmental Responsibility:
Explore the impact of individual and collective actions on the environment.
Learn about sustainable living and responsible consumption.

Case Studies and Current Events:
Analyze case studies and real-world events related to citizenship and political issues.
Stay updated with current events and news to understand their implications for citizenship.

Revision Resources:
Utilize textbooks, study guides, and online resources to reinforce your understanding of the topics.
Consider practicing with past exam papers to get a feel for the exam format.

Study Groups and Discussion:
Engage in discussions with classmates or join study groups to review and clarify concepts.
Remember to create a study schedule, take regular breaks, and practice answering exam-style questions to prepare effectively for your GCSE Citizenship exam. If you have specific questions or need further information on any of these topics, feel free to ask!

Thanks so much!
Original post by Aishwarya_roy
Hey guys! I'm currently doing GCSE Citizenship as one of my GCSEs now and I have trouble in finding revision resources or helpful sites online for it. My exam board for the subject is Edexcel. Please let me know if someone knows any good sites for citizenship it would be really helpful.

I got a 9 in GCSE citizenship and I personally loved Gcsemasteryhub.co.uk (GCSE Mastery Hub) for citizenship revision, however they use to have lots for citizenship but when they revamped the website everything changed and there no longer is alot however the tiktok says there is more coming out for citizenship, just watch the website every now and then.

I'd also suggest using primrose kitten, she has quiet alot for citizenship edexcel, on top of that the revision guide that parsons edexcel makes are really good, I spent a good 2 or 3 weeks just going over and over and over page, reading, taking notes and building mind maps.

I really enjoy visual learning so I also made hundreds of presentations to revise with, using media sources (perfect for evidence on 15 markers).
Reply 5
Thank you so much! I got an 8 on my mocks recently and really want to secure that 9 so I'll definitely check out these:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending