The Student Room Group

what gcse option should i pick

okay so i’m picking my gcse options in a few days and i wanna pick smth which is easy and doesn’t require a lot of revision (if possible)

im considering taking sociology, health and child care bc 95% of the ppl in my schl passed it, and citizenship but im not 100% sure

any advice will b appreciated
Original post by samirah9
okay so i’m picking my gcse options in a few days and i wanna pick smth which is easy and doesn’t require a lot of revision (if possible)

im considering taking sociology, health and child care bc 95% of the ppl in my schl passed it, and citizenship but im not 100% sure

any advice will b appreciated

Hi @samirah9

Honestly, all GCSEs will require revision, especially if you want to do well and achieve high grades.

When choosing your GCSE options there are many things to consider such as:

Will you enjoy the subject enough to study it for 2 years?

What options will these GCSEs open for you regarding your future?

Do you get on well with the teachers who teach the subjects you are considering? (controversial but I think it makes a difference for some)

Are you just choosing the subjects based on what others have said about it?

Although it may not seem like such a life-changing decision now, it does impact what you'll be able to do at sixth-form/college and then university if you decide you want to go down that route.
Take your time talking to your teachers about each GCSE and what exactly each subject involves regarding content and assessments.

Good luck!

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.

Quick Reply

Latest