The Student Room Group

What GCSE subjects do you wish you had taken?

As the title says, What GCSE subjects do you wish you had taken?
I wish id taken Spanish
Original post by Emma:-)

I wish I took GCSE art instead of Spanish. I ended up dropping Spanish half way through year 11, so I ended up wasting a lot of my time.
I wish I did drama instead of Citizenship. I enjoyed some topics in Citizenship and the lessons were quite fun a lot of the time, we took a trip to the House of Parliament as well, but was I actually interested in the subject? No. I wouldn’t have taken it if it wasn’t for my parents looking down on drama and wanting me to do something more academic.

I would have enjoyed taking a language as well, like Spanish. I’ve always wanted to learn Spanish but my school only offered French and I was never interested in French.

sociology, triple science
Reply 5
ICT or Business. ICT was my original third option and Business was my backup but unfortunately, they both clashed with my other options (Art and History) so I had to choose a different one (Textiles is fun but also hell when paired with Art 0-0)
Reply 6
French
Business, because I'm interested in the subject
(edited 6 months ago)

Wish I had taken GCSE drama or computer science instead of engineering
Spanish instead of GCSE French or History, it wasn’t possible though.
Ancient history, architecture, art, classical civilisation, classic sanskrit, graphic communication, latin and photography.
Computer science icl
Original post by Talkative Toad
Spanish instead of GCSE French or History, it wasn’t possible though.

Same here. I loved both French and Spanish in years 8 and 9 (we only did Spanish from year 8 onwards).
I chose French for GCSE, but the teacher ruined it a bit for me. He was a very good teacher (he was one of the deputy/assistant head teachers as well). But it was just some of the clowny comments and general cheesiness in lessons that put me off. So yeah i wish id done Spanish instead. Would have ended up with a different teacher.

drama :colone: i do a lot of theatre tech jobs outside of school and i love analysing pieces but i'm a pretty shy person and was already doing lots of humanities and arts D:
Reply 14
Original post by poisoned_moon
Wish I had taken GCSE drama or computer science instead of engineering

wait there is an engineering gcse????!?!?!!?!?!
my catholic school has limited options :frown:
Original post by Alm_xo
wait there is an engineering gcse????!?!?!!?!?!
my catholic school has limited options :frown:

yeah, i go to a grammar school so they limit the amount of creative subjects and increase the amount of "helpful" practical ones

Quick Reply

Latest