The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel Biology - Paper 1

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zakiiiii
It is

greatttttt another mark gone aha
Original post by turn-to-page394
:biggrin: What is the world coming to...

I put stuff about lying still - totally what you would do in a room of mosquitoes...

i said whilst they are sleeping:biggrin: proud of the idea
Original post by Stormforge
What did people put for the stomach and why the growth hormone couldn't survive there

protease digests proteins including the hormone
Original post by Yuuchin1

Ahahahahaha GUD ONE

Love it, you're unleashing a swarm of mosquitoes on a room of sleeping people...now THAT's science! :biggrin:
Original post by Sweetwinkle786
I liked this test was quite easy compared to the mocks. I went blank on the gentically modified bacteria tho, was it restricted and ligases and the plasmid stuff :/

I think so
Original post by Jpjp
For the difference between lowland rice and upland rice I said they were genetically different, is this wrong ?

I put something about variation, might be in the mark scheme.. if the majority of people came up with a valid answer the examiners add it to the mark scheme in a meeting
Reply 247
Original post by maya_vv
I put something about variation, might be in the mark scheme.. if the majority of people came up with a valid answer the examiners add it to the mark scheme in a meeting
let's hope
Original post by maya_vv

Damn, I definitely went wrong then - I wrote about how the lowland soils had more nutrients than the upland soils. So far I'm the only one who wrote anything like that :eek:
Original post by Lola1244
it was alright I guess just really pushed for time, what did u guys get for the question on why sperm ducts and not oviducts??

I said that cutting the oviducts would affect the menstrual cycle
protease digests proteins including the hormone

do you get a mark for mentioning hcl
Original post by georgieflora
do you get a mark for mentioning hcl

i would say yes, as the question before was about high temperature denaturing it, so should be acceptable
i would say yes, as the question before was about high temperature denaturing it, so should be acceptable

Was I the only one who didn't know that hormones could be denatured? That was the hardest question on the exam for me...I guessed something to do with it being denatured, but it was a total guess
Reply 253
Original post by torilee
Damn, I definitely went wrong then - I wrote about how the lowland soils had more nutrients than the upland soils. So far I'm the only one who wrote anything like that :eek:

No I thought I was wrong
Reply 254
I can't believe it....

I didn't fully read the question in today's IGCSE 1B.

I drew a line graph/frequency polygon sort of thing when it said in the question draw a bar chart...

SIX MARKS.

THAT'S 5%...

Someone please please help me...
Original post by Deano1
I can't believe it....

I drew a line graph/frequency polygon sort of thing when it said in the question draw a bar chart...

SIX MARKS.

THAT'S 5%...

That sucks, but they'll probably just deduct a mark or two and then go from there. It's probably not nearly as bad as you think!
Original post by Deano1
I can't believe it....

SIX MARKS.

THAT'S 5%...

if yo get everything else right on the graph you get 4 out of 6

It might be, it might not. Mentioning that the pH affects the active site of enzymes is for the full IGCE Biology (paper 2). I mentioned the pH in this question too coz I didn't know what else to write. Depends how exam board is feeling with questions like this.
wait so can hormones denature???
Original post by torilee

I wrote something like that and mentioned there might be difference in soil quality too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending