The Student Room Group

OCR (not MEI) C1 - Wednesday 13th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ubayd53667
I did this paper how did people find it

I thought it wasn't too bad although I know I made some silly little mistakes which I'm killing myself for, what do you think the grade boundaries will be like?
Original post by Octan
I guess 58. You heard it here first.

Really? Was it a hard paper then?? I haven't done many others...
Original post by HecTic_H
Does Mr M release anything for OCR as a mark scheme? If so, anyone want to hazard a guess as for when?

Likely to be tonight or not at all.
Reply 423
Original post by Numpers123

Well it had something new (the last question) combined with that k thing which was quite tricky and seems to have tripped up a lot of people, so add those 2 to the fact that normally the A boundary on a very standard nothing special C1 paper is about 61, you have around 58.
Original post by Numpers123

I would guess more at around 62-64 for an A, it was fairly average.
Likely to be ~68 for 90 UMS
Original post by Octan
Well it had something new (the last question) combined with that k thing which was quite tricky and seems to have tripped up a lot of people, so add those 2 to the fact that normally the A boundary on a very standard nothing special C1 paper is about 61, you have around 58.

Actually finding three points and an area has definitely come up before, because I remembered it said 'units squared' on the mark scheme which I remembered to put in the exam today. I didn't think the paper was particularly hard or easy, I'd guess 62 for an A.
Does anyone know breakdown of marks for last question ?
If one of my y co ordinate is wrog bu t my working from then on is fine will i get 3/4
Original post by Patsella
Does anyone know breakdown of marks for last question ?

I think it was out of 5...

2 for finding 3 points
2 for finding base + perpendicular height
1 for final answer (40 square units)

(Probably)
Original post by Rubberduckiller
If one of my y co ordinate is wrog bu t my working from then on is fine will i get 3/4

More likely to be 2/4, but you might get the mark depending on the RHS of the markscheme.
Original post by Madhutty

2 for finding 3 points

(Probably)

it was out of 4
Hi can I just briefly turn attention to a C2 question I'm having a bit of trouble with (I know it ought to be easy, and I'm sure it is...!)

Can anyone help me out with this:

7x = 2x+1

Solve for x.

So far, I've got up to here:
log7x = log2x+1
xlog7 = (x+1)log2

I have no idea where to go from here! Normally you can just divide by logs to find the x solution and then act as necessary but the way to do this isn't appearing in my head! Thanks!!
Original post by mkwhater
that is what i got but it is not a right angle triangle :frown: answer is 40

Yeah I just realised that, it was only 4 marks though and we'll probably get at least 2 for method and I thought the rest of the paper was pretty easy so fingers crossed!
How did you find the rest?
jkijjk
hi guys, can anyone remember the questions after question 5 in this OCR C1 Maths exam?? Grade boundaries guys??

2 for finding 3 points

(Probably)

Posted from TSR Mobile

How are you sure it was 40 square units :hmmm:.Everyone seems to have different answers for that question.
Reply 436
Original post by gabby07
Hi can I just briefly turn attention to a C2 question I'm having a bit of trouble with (I know it ought to be easy, and I'm sure it is...!)

7x = 2x+1

Solve for x.

log7x = log2x+1
xlog7 = (x+1)log2

I have no idea where to go from here! Normally you can just divide by logs to find the x solution and then act as necessary but the way to do this isn't appearing in my head! Thanks!!

From this, expand the right to get:
xlog7 = xlog2 + log2

Collect like terms:
xlog7 - xlog2 = log2

Factorise:
x (log7 - log2) = log 2

Use log rule with subtracting -> dividing:
x (log(7/2)) = log 2

Divide:
x = log2 / log(7/2)

Hope that helped :smile:
You know for the pqr question, if i got the right points, but made an error in writing it down on a lower line (i changed my (0,8) to (0,4) for some reason) How many marks would i lose, with the right points for p and r and but with an incorrect area (i put down 21 instead of 40)
Original post by gabby07

7x = 2x+1

Solve for x.

log7x = log2x+1
xlog7 = (x+1)log2

xlog7 = (x + 1)log2
(log7)/(log2) = (x + 1)/x
(log7)/(log2) = 1 + 1/x
(log7)/(log2) - 1 = 1/x
x = 1/((log7)/log2) - 1)

Probably wrong... It's been a long year since I did any C2.
I'm pretty sure there's a (Not MEI) OCR C2 post somewhere on TSR for you

2 for finding 3 points

(Probably)

It was only 4 marks.

I would say M1, 2 for the points, since this was the main brief of the question.
M3 for base and height
A1 for answer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending