The Student Room Group

OCR (not MEI) C2 - Wednesday 20th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arabinthemist
Nah I've done all the papers including one which had a grade boundary of 53 and this was 'harder'. This paper would've tricked a lot of people out

That would be a godsend honestly, I got screwed over badly by the 2N question and could easily have lost 4 maybe even all 6 marks there. Apart from that though, thought it went very well, if boundary is 53 or something, then where do you reckon 100 UMS will be? 67/68? How'd you find it in general aswell?
Anyone know where the mark would be given for question 9 (iv)???
Original post by Orangeflower360
How did you do it??

one side was like 2cos1/3x = sin1/3x --- something like that
you divide by cos1/3x to get 2 = tan1/3x
then 1/3x = arctan2 which gives you one value, you add 180 to that value to get the other value. then you now have two values of 1/3x = u and v, to get x on its own you times those two answers, u and v, by 3, which gives 3.3... and 12.7...
The exam was difficult. Quite a few people cried after the exam, including me.

I couldn't do the last question. I messed up the 2N thing, but I think I got method marks though as my maths teacher said I did some parts right.

There goes my hopes for an A in Maths. Wouldn't mind a B though.
Markscheme been posted yet?
Original post by PrathamM
one side was like 2cos1/3x = sin1/3x --- something like that
you divide by cos1/3x to get 2 = tan1/3x
then 1/3x = arctan2 which gives you one value, you add 180 to that value to get the other value. then you now have two values of 1/3x = u and v, to get x on its own you times those two answers, u and v, by 3, which gives 3.3... and 12.7...

TBH i got the 3.3 wth didnt i add the 180 degrees my dayss idiot right here :') thank you for taking the time!
Reply 386
how many marks will you get if you just integrated the equation twice then found the equation of the curve by finding C
if anyone can pm me a pic of the questions I can do a mark scheme with solutions
how many marks will you get if you just integrated the equation twice then found the equation of the curve by finding C
Original post by dogs98

Did you get somewhere along the lines of 4x^3/2 - 7x - 5?
You probably lost one or two marks if you missed out the second term.
i integrated the equation twice dats it and worked out the value of c by subbing in the values of x and y
Original post by Peppercrunch
The exam was difficult. Quite a few people cried after the exam, including me.

I couldn't do the last question. I messed up the 2N thing, but I think I got method marks though as my maths teacher said I did some parts right.

There goes my hopes for an A in Maths. Wouldn't mind a B though.

What did you get for the 2N thing? I got -44 and 125/3 which I think are both wrong.

Didn't you do any of 9?
Original post by shakz98
i integrated the equation twice dats it and worked out the value of c by subbing in the values of x and y. how many marks will i get
dff fgg
What do you suppose 61 or 62 might be?
Original post by DominoMatrix227
What did you get for the 2N thing? I got -44 and 125/3 which I think are both wrong.

Didn't you do any of 9?

how many marks do u thing -44 will get me
how many marks will i get if i got 4x^3/2 +c. I cant remeber my value of c
Original post by Rubberduckiller
how many marks do u thing -44 will get me

I have already asked this, I have no idea! How did you fin d the rest of the paper?
Reply 397
Original post by DominoMatrix227

Didn't you do any of 9?

I think i got -44, but i can't remember it was so hard that question
Yh I did the Same thing
Reply 399
Original post by eyenarbi
I also got that but idk what is the gradient of 5 for?

the gradient of five was just an extra thing to make it easier dy/dx =5 when you are doing the first step of integration and then you used it again in the second step.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending