The Student Room Group

How did your exam go?? The epic 2015 GCSE exam discussion thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by franm1
aqa?

I'm with AQA!
I have just finished my English Language exam. Yay! Then I recently found out that on the 2 question on the writing paper, we were suppose to argue to stop the school from closing down...Instead of that I persuade them T_T. Kill me... It seems like I am re-sitting English in college :biggrin: Sad times
Reply 562
Original post by ImagineCats
I'm with AQA!

how you feeling about it?
Original post by Lucyylulu
Thank you so much for your reply. I have been reading all the advice on here but not had to time to respond. I think it went okay. I managed to answer all the questions and look through my answers to see if what I had written linked to the question as well as checking and correcting my SPAG.

Thank you a lot for your encouraging words and the advice you gave me, it really did help when I was in a state of panic.

How did your exam go?

Aw haha it's my pleasure to help people! :biggrin: Yeah it went really well thanks, I hope that I got an A*/A because I got an A for my language coursework! I wrote 3 pages for part b haha. What was the text on your paper?:smile:
Original post by pixiejoanna
Read through the mark scheme and see the requirements for the band you want to achieve for each question, it also gves you sample points and an idea of how to answer! I have mine tomorrow to, wishing you the best of luck! :smile:

Plus heres a link to the mark scheme just in case you can't find it! :wink:
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-ENG1H-W-MS-NOV14.PDF

Thanks, didn't get time to read this :/ How did your exam go?
Original post by harry998
Thanks, didn't get time to read this :/ How did your exam go?

Oh its fine! :smile: I think it went ok, I mean I think I included all the points I wanted to achieve! How about you, hope it went ok?! :smile:
Yes!! I have it! So nervous, what exam board do you do?
Good luck btw! :wink:

My exam board is Edexcel! Good luck too :smile:
Oh its fine! :smile: I think it went ok, I mean I think I included all the points I wanted to achieve! How about you, hope it went ok?! :smile:

Good good! Yeah mine went really well thanks :biggrin:
After reading the official June 2nd 2015 AQA English Language forum on here, I am now really worried. Like many others, we are over thinking the exam. It's difficult to predict whether I have done well or not. When I came out of the exam I was reassured and was feeling like the exam was okay. Now I'm not sure.
Original post by Lucyylulu
After reading the official June 2nd 2015 AQA English Language forum on here, I am now really worried. Like many others, we are over thinking the exam. It's difficult to predict whether I have done well or not. When I came out of the exam I was reassured and was feeling like the exam was okay. Now I'm not sure.

As long as you tried your best you can't ask anything more of yourself. Anyway if you are a C grade for english they are probably a/a* so they would have written something different but you may still have done well if you're feeling good!
Good good! Yeah mine went really well thanks :biggrin:

That's good! I hope all the rest of your exams go well and then all we have to do is wait for the results to come in!! :biggrin:
Btw for anyone doing German Gcse the website: Duolingo is amazing, try it out!!
That's good! I hope all the rest of your exams go well and then all we have to do is wait for the results to come in!! :biggrin:

Yeah exactly! What grade are you for English?
Yeah exactly! What grade are you for English?

A* hopefully! What about you?
A* hopefully! What about you?

Same! :wink:
I think timing is the most difficult thing about english language gcse exam. I spent way too long on questions 1 and 2. Rushed 3 and 4 and spent a fair amount of time on 5 and 6 though I wish I had more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm so nervous for AQA geography ah:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did my German GCSE today - the reading was fairly easy but the listening was so. bloody. HARD. why wjec.
How did your German exam go then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ace C
Yes I know they will, that's why I corrected the other poster on their bad SPaG, ensuring they do better in their actual exam!

I was trying to be sarcastic, as it's normally abbreviated as 'SPaG' as 'and' doesn't really have that much importance.

But on a real note, SPaG is very important indeed for getting a higher mark. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest