The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
Original post by lifescomplexity
Hopefully not!

Overall quite well I think although they really varied - one of my History papers was great and one was abysmal, for example. I can't really tell how it's going to go!! Our Philosophy syllabus is brand new as well so no idea how our papers will be marked... Well I'll find out in August I guess! Is results day the same in Scotland? Apart from Maths were your exams good?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm generally pretty happy with my exams bar Maths. But, (similar to your Philosophy) it's the first year of New Highers so only time will tell...

August 4th for results, here. Is that the same as England?

Couple more History applicants seem to be appearing...
Original post by thechemistress
Hahah, that must have been annoying :lol:
Yesssss, so excited for it :biggrin: Bang Bang was also really good but their new MV is supposed to come out today right?

Yup, at MIDNIGHT! It's a shame that you're not an Oxford applicant, could have started a YG appreciation society :wink:
Any other Biological Sciences applicants around here? Looking at New College myself.
Original post by PerlaDeSabiduría
Yup, at MIDNIGHT! It's a shame that you're not an Oxford applicant, could have started a YG appreciation society :wink:

Haha, yeah xD I might apply to Oxford, you never know :wink: YG appreciation society could be a thing xD
Original post by thechemistress
Haha, yeah xD I might apply to Oxford, you never know :wink: YG appreciation society could be a thing xD

Surely there must be some sort of kpop society already on existence? Haha we'll seeee
GCSE grades: 11A*
IB: Math, Physics, Economics, Chemistry HL // Italian, English Lit SL
Course: Math (then MMathPhys) // Math & Comp Sci
College: Magdalen / Merton / New / St John's

I should be working on my extended essay right now, but clearly this is more important :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BritishBean
Any other Biological Sciences applicants around here? Looking at New College myself.

If I apply to Oxford instead of Cambridge, I will be applying for Biochemistry, but I guess they're somewhat related :smile:

How are your super curriculars so far?
Reply 867
Original post by pixiedustfairy
GCSE grades: 11A*
IB: Math, Physics, Economics, Chemistry HL // Italian, English Lit SL
Course: Math (then MMathPhys) // Math & Comp Sci
College: Magdalen / Merton / New / St John's

I should be working on my extended essay right now, but clearly this is more important :wink:

:eek: those are some difficult HLs on their own, let alone 4 of them!! best of luck!
Anyone lose hope after the c3 exam today:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skye25
:eek: those are some difficult HLs on their own, let alone 4 of them!! best of luck!

thanks--yeah they are chemistry and economics are a right nightmare D:

but EE is the worst bit; i have a supervisor who stresses me out so much so im just avoiding her until i need to do lab work (my EE is in chemistry: BIG MISTAKE!)
Reply 870
thanks--yeah they are chemistry and economics are a right nightmare D:

but EE is the worst bit; i have a supervisor who stresses me out so much so im just avoiding her until i need to do lab work (my EE is in chemistry: BIG MISTAKE!)

I can imagine :eek:

I also avoided my supervisor, not because he stressed me out but because I never had anything done... :tongue:
Really, don't get stressed about the EE, there's still plenty of time, but the sooner you get it over with the better. You'll have plenty of stuff to do next year without the EE looming over!
Reply 871
Original post by learner248
I have seen no one applying for Chinese/Oriental Studies, are there any orientalists out there? :smile:

Me hopefully!
:hi: everyone! :hi:

TLG here, Woosta muso alumna. Any questions about Worcester College (Woosta) or music at Oxford, do feel free to PM me :biggrin:

Hope you all get the AS/A2 grades you hope for and that they put you in a good position to apply :h:

*goes away again* :ninja:
Anyone here applying for Mathematics ?
Original post by -Gifted-
Anyone here applying for Mathematics ?

me! :smile:
Original post by Isla42
Me hopefully!

Great! Are you going to make a direct application? What are you hoping to study?
me! :smile:

Oh thats good :0, how are your AS levels coming along? If you don't mind me asking what was your GCSE profile? Either way, I doubt our results till now matter much, from what I have seen most of the admission is based on MAT...
University Accommodation:

In case anyone wanted to get a better idea of the kinds of rooms available at Oxford, I've made a short room tour video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwsyUbd9GCQ.

I'm a first year at Merton, but having been around a number of friends' rooms in other colleges I can say they aren't exactly the same but of a similar quality, and you might get lucky and get an ensuite!
Original post by enaayrah
If I apply to Oxford instead of Cambridge, I will be applying for Biochemistry, but I guess they're somewhat related :smile:

How are your super curriculars so far?

what are you doing here :unimpressed:
Original post by C0balt
what are you doing here :unimpressed:

Trying to get the best of both worlds :tongue:

I'm just considering all my options :wink:

What made you stumble onto here?

Latest

Trending

Trending