The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Chemistry 6ch04/05 JUNE 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nautic4l
You liked my OH answer, did you get that too?

What page btw?

For GF, page 177
Reply 1461
Original post by Callum_Stewart
For everyone confused about the reaction in step three: http://wwwchem.csustan.edu/consumer/aspirincons/aspirincons.htm
It WAS esterification, they use acetic anhydride, which is the industrial way of adding an acyl group on, which is an esterification reaction.

But it said what type of reaction? So would saying it was a condensation reaction get marks?
Original post by MoHoosen9167
Well it said that 40% of the moles were N2O4 which means that the mole fraction was 4/10, therefore the other one HAD to be 6/10 because ∑MF=1 :smile:

Ah yes ! I didn't use the 10 moles oF 2NO2 , but yeah makes sense

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bmunro
But it said what type of reaction? So would saying it was a condensation reaction get marks?

Esterification is a type of reaction

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wahid1
Yeh so wouldn't it be 4/10 and 6/10 times 2 for pp giving 0.8?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I was talking about mole fractions. It was (0.4x2)/(0.6x2)^2 = 0.5rec which rounds to 0.56
Original post by Wahid1
Yeh so wouldn't it be 4/10 and 6/10 times 2 for pp giving 0.8?

Posted from TSR Mobile

nope. you had to multiple the mol fraction by the total pressure first

Edit:unless you did do the partial pressures, in which case my bad :P
What do you reckon that would be? I'm hoping for that too. There's a lot of disagreement between answers and some we can't even remember so we shouldn't worry too much. What grade are you hoping for btw?

Ideally I want an A, and I re-sat units 1 and 2 and got like 68 in both of those I think... I think this paper will be like 68 for an A, in which case I should either get a B or an A. :/ what about yourself?
How is everyone going to prepare/revise for unit 5??
Original post by Shadowlunar
How is everyone going to prepare/revise for unit 5??

Potassium Cyanide pill embedded in my tooth and bite down hard if the paper is anything less than perfect.
Original post by Infamous7
nope. you had to multiple the mol fraction by the total pressure first

Edit:unless you did do the partial pressures, in which case my bad :P

Yeah! Which was 2atm

Posted from TSR Mobile
For GF, page 177

yeah I got the OH answer. It had to be because KCN was there to trick ppl, as OH would react with H+, forcing further dissociation levels of that equilbrium. :smile:

Yay thank you!

And yes it says O2 in george facer which is the edexcel book itself so I believe that over anything else. Answer was CO2
yeah I got the OH answer. It had to be because KCN was there to trick ppl, as OH would react with H+, forcing further dissociation levels of that equilbrium. :smile:

please tell me it was 1.8-3.0
65 for A or less?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yay thank you!

And yes it says O2 in george facer which is the edexcel book itself so I believe that over anything else. Answer was CO2

So you're saying I got the answer right, because CO2 was the unsuitable one? YAY <3
Original post by frozo123
please tell me it was 1.8-3.0

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wahid1
65 for A or less?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thought it'd be around 68 tbh, not because I did well or stuff just because I thought people found it easier?
Potassium Cyanide pill embedded in my tooth and bite down hard if the paper is anything less than perfect.

sounds likes a good idea.
Ideally I want an A, and I re-sat units 1 and 2 and got like 68 in both of those I think... I think this paper will be like 68 for an A, in which case I should either get a B or an A. :/ what about yourself?

You resat them this year didn't you? Are you guessing 68?

I just need a B in this and A in Bio to meet my offer. Hopefully I've done the Bio but I really want an A in Chem because I know I'm capable.
Thought it'd be around 68 tbh, not because I did well or stuff just because I thought people found it easier?

The polls indicate the opposite

Posted from TSR Mobile
Acylation or esterification??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending