The Student Room Group

Do I have to retake the year or can I just resit the exam?

I’m studying outside the UK.
And here one can get into Uni with either AS or just A2.

I did absolute _____ on my AS and A2 (Last Year and due to mentally not being in the right place and on top of that burned out. I messed up BAD u)

I understood the content but just didn’t and wasn’t able to manage myself which caused me to SLIP this bad. I was still planning to take a gap year before applying to Uni.
And I’m going to be doing a retake of AS: Biology and Chemistry.
Either Jan Or May/June. (Hopefully I can contact my school and get them to let me sit it on Jan.
I wanted to know that this time I were to get a higher grade which I will.
Will that change my overall g12 grade. For this time my AS would be higher so maybe that could give me a better average compared to A2.
Or would I have to also resit A2 exams to get a better collected overall grade?
The rules for re-sitting AS and A2 vary between exam boards - Edexcel and CAIE are not the same, so we'd need to know which exam board you did before offering any advice.

Equally, when in the year you can re-sit depends on the exam board and where you are in the world (in the UK there are only exams in May/June).
Reply 2
Original post by EBluebear
The rules for re-sitting AS and A2 vary between exam boards - Edexcel and CAIE are not the same, so we'd need to know which exam board you did before offering any advice.

Equally, when in the year you can re-sit depends on the exam board and where you are in the world (in the UK there are only exams in May/June).

Oxford AQA

Quick Reply

Latest