The Student Room Group

OCR PSYCHOLOGY A2 G543 and G544 2015

Hey guys I just made this thread because I couldn't find any others. I really need help in answering 15 mark questions as my teacher has not gone over this and the exam is tomorrow :frown:I don't understand what I'm supposed to say for validity methodology usefulness for 15 marks? Please reply guys!

Also have u guys learned all the studies?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

lol, good luck
Reply 2
Original post by Ashaaibrahim
Hey guys I just made this thread because I couldn't find any others. I really need help in answering 15 mark questions as my teacher has not gone over this and the exam is tomorrow :frown:I don't understand what I'm supposed to say for validity methodology usefulness for 15 marks? Please reply guys!

Also have u guys learned all the studies?

http://ocra2psychologyg543.blogspot.co.uk/ this website is a God send literallyjust search "15 marker" in the search box...here: http://ocra2psychologyg543.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/tackling-part-b-questions.html
Reply 4

AH THANKS!! i was looking for predictions as well lol :P
Good luck xx
Original post by si_a
AH THANKS!! i was looking for predictions as well lol :P
Good luck xx

How did it go ?
Reply 6
Original post by Ashaaibrahim
How did it go ?

It was not as bad as I thought actually - it could have definitely gone worse! Still thought I could've done better as I was tight for time but otherwise not too bad - just hope I actually did enough - thanks for asking :smile: wbu?
Anyone have predictions for the G544 paper?
Original post by Charleybarron
Anyone have predictions for the G544 paper?

I have a feeling determinism/reductionism will come up for section B, wbu? Im not gonna study approaches because won't be able to finish the content properly and I need an A in this exam so I'm just gonna learn everything else. Do you think they can ask two approaches in section B?? they haven't before..
and does anyone know any A2 study that used the observational method?
Original post by YasminAbdi
I have a feeling determinism/reductionism will come up for section B, wbu? Im not gonna study approaches because won't be able to finish the content properly and I need an A in this exam so I'm just gonna learn everything else. Do you think they can ask two approaches in section B?? they haven't before..

Ohh really, I think individual differences approach might come up because it hasn't before. I don't think they will ask 2 approaches but I really hope they ask one on approaches because its so much easier!
How are you guys revising for this? I have currently Geography and sociology on monday so haven't really looked at psychology. Might look at it tonight, but what are the predictions for the paper? Anyone? And I need an A in this exam.
Original post by Charleybarron
Ohh really, I think individual differences approach might come up because it hasn't before. I don't think they will ask 2 approaches but I really hope they ask one on approaches because its so much easier!

really are they easier? I shall definitely revise individual difference approach tonight then. hows your revision coming along? I haven't really practised section A, but I have gone through the main points I need for that section. I find that section ok tbh
and does anyone know any A2 study that used the observational method?

You could maybe say McGrath or Watson-Raynor from health? They use some observational techniques to look at responses from participants, although they are primarily experimental and don't have behaviour checklists etc. like proper observations do so are not fully observations.
Original post by R_Rebecca
You could maybe say McGrath or Watson-Raynor from health? They use some observational techniques to look at responses from participants, although they are primarily experimental and don't have behaviour checklists etc. like proper observations do so are not fully observations.

yeah thats what I was thinking! thanks for giving me your perspective lol, I think I'm just gonna stick to Rosenhan and Piliavin for observation.
McGrath and Watson-Raynor from health have observations in them as they record their behaviour, but because they both use the experimental method so it isn't fully an observation because they don't have a checklist or anything. So I guess you can say they use some observational techniques (that aren't really standardised like a normal observation), but are predominantly experimental.
yeah thats what I was thinking! thanks for giving me your perspective lol, I think I'm just gonna stick to Rosenhan and Piliavin for observation.

you could also use Bandura from AS :smile:
Original post by R_Rebecca
you could also use Bandura from AS :smile:
]

oh yeah! true:smile:, btw can section A asks us to collect ordinal/nominal data for research methods other than experimental? - doubt experimental will come up because it came up last year
]

oh yeah! true:smile:, btw can section A asks us to collect ordinal/nominal data for research methods other than experimental? - doubt experimental will come up because it came up last year

you can collect nominal data from observations I think because of the behaviour categories/checklist
For G544, can someone give me an example of an aim (2 marks)? I know it sounds simple, but I dont know what to include or not include when writing an aim for my practical study. Thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending