The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SuperHuman98

Biology Chemistry Maths History hopefully, what about you?

Probably a ditto! I'm leaning towards History instead of Physics

The topics our school will be teaching changed form what was said in the prospectus, so probably will pick History instead :smile:

Doing Physics, though, for my induction week thing, as we had to decide months ago
Original post by Jitesh
Probably a ditto! I'm leaning towards History instead of Physics
The topics our school will be teaching changed form what was said in the prospectus, so probably will pick History instead :smile:
Doing Physics, though, for my induction week thing, as we had to decide months ago

What are you planning to do after 6form
Original post by SuperHuman98
What are you planning to do after 6form

Dentistry, you?
Original post by Jitesh
Dentistry, you?

Medicine

Or I could do Dentistry if I change my mind
Original post by Jitesh
That's great, by the way, if you are still determined to do medicine (the best medics seem to be the most determined!) you could go through a post-grad route, possibly doing something like biomedical sciences before :smile:

I assume you would have enjoyed sciences at GCSE if you wanted to do medicine, are you defo set on not doing biology and/or chemistry ?

I'm trying to be realistic here I do enjoy sciences I think I've done very well in fact but Chemistry does no interest me one bit. I may have a eureka moment I have till 23rd to give a final call. :smile:
need help picking a level subjects for economics
Everyone tells me i have all summer to work this out but i have been trying from january making lots of threads looking at new specs past papers etc but i still can not decide and dont know if i ever will
i plan to do maths economics and 2 more out of bio chem physics french further maths
bio and chem seem quite boring and dull looking at the spec and peoples regrets on tsr despite me liking chemistry at gcse
i looked ta physics and it looks interesting but really hard for me tbh especially the new spec and not being an A grade physics student at gcse
predicted AB in double science best at chem worst at physocs
further maths i am really considering just for a year as i like maths but i didnt do additional maths and may only scrape an A* at gcse because of the ridiculously hard exam
french i have heard it gives u a huge advantage but i am only predicted a B so dont think i would honestly be good at it
i was thinking accounting but apparently its a soft subject
i am predicted A* maths Astats core science B everything else C english
please can someone give me some advice
Original post by DaringDaniel
I'm trying to be realistic here I do enjoy sciences I think I've done very well in fact but Chemistry does no interest me one bit. I may have a eureka moment I have till 23rd to give a final call. :smile:

Not sure if you don't find Chemistry interesting, if it's worth pursing an extra 2 years of it as a pure a-level, then 5 years with it applied ::h:

Up to you...
Hi all,
Well this forum has been of great interest to me, seeing how everyone is doing and getting along, before, during and after the exams.
I think I might start learning about A levels for a bit, I am taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology as well as History. It was rather weird on the induction days, everyone wearing suits and all of us sauntering around the 6th form lounge (although I did feel rather smug as I passed year 7's as they will be the ones having to deal with all the educational reforms....

Anyway, time is now free for me to get my dofe done once and for all, to find some volunteering oppurtunities and to generally wind down a bit and enjoy my hobbies while I still can :|

So, have a great summer everyone and good luck for results day!

Sam
Original post by SampleX
I know. I think I proved I can grovel and manipulate my way back into anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You SLUT !
I feel like the odd one out.

I'm like the only one not doing a levels.
RIP "Current Year 11 Thread Mark I (2014-2015)" after results day

We must be the most focused year 11s to have ever exist on TSR because we didn't even get on the second thread :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Midnightmemories
I feel like the odd one out.
I'm like the only one not doing a levels.

What are you doing?
Original post by Jitesh
Not sure if you don't find Chemistry interesting, if it's worth pursing an extra 2 years of it as a pure a-level, then 5 years with it applied ::h:

Up to you...

The way you say that lol. Well on results day admission takes place by looking at my grades this mist will clear if I get an A* in Chem I'd consider it as I'm aware for medicine they're looking for the very best. I'd rather not give myself a disadvantage by not having the best grades to boot. Chemistry is not bad but it's just a little dense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trihawk7
RIP "Current Year 11 Thread Mark I (2014-2015)" after results day

We must be the most focused year 11s to have ever exist on TSR because we didn't even get on the second thread :lol:

Well there's over 370 pages awful lot has gone on. We are the best in living memory when the sun sets we will rise again lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had the worst dream last night - it got to results day and I'd failed all my exams XD Anyone else had this one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
I had the worst dream last night - it got to results day and I'd failed all my exams XD Anyone else had this one?

I haven't had that one, but I had plenty of exam dreams during exam season :s-smilie:
Original post by SampleX

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep me. I have one bad where I failed and all good where I passed a subject that I thought I failed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've had these dreams they're not going to happen 🙉☺️😳

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DaringDaniel
The way you say that lol. Well on results day admission takes place by looking at my grades this mist will clear if I get an A* in Chem I'd consider it as I'm aware for medicine they're looking for the very best. I'd rather not give myself a disadvantage by not having the best grades to boot. Chemistry is not bad but it's just a little dense.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, well it's almost like someone doing a Physics degree but not having any interest in maths, it's possible but 1) could be quite boring 2) might even be quite challenging, although of course possible
Original post by Jitesh
Haha, well it's almost like someone doing a Physics degree but not having any interest in maths, it's possible but 1) could be quite boring 2) might even be quite challenging, although of course possible

Yeah perhaps it may be worth the sacrifice when you reach eventual outcome :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest