The Student Room Group

Official CIE IGCSE Results Day 2015 Thread

So I noticed there isn't actually a results day thread for those of us that took the cie igcse exams this year so I decided to make one :biggrin:

Results day is today!!!!!! :eek4:
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

What grades did you get?

Also this thread isn't just for people who did only cie exams. Just so long as at least one of your exams were on this board :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
heyyy i do cie too. im so scared fml ............. i do
english lang first
english lit
arabic
business
and ict
im scareed
Reply 2
Original post by ak.10
heyyy i do cie too. im so scared fml ............. i do
english lang first
english lit
arabic
business
and ict
im scareed

Me too :frown: what grades do you think you'll get?
I only did English language but school are making us wait till normal results day to get it with the rest hahah nice one
Reply 4
Original post by DustToDust
I only did English language but school are making us wait till normal results day to get it with the rest hahah nice one

Yeah that does seem like a good idea :smile:

Good luck with that :smile: Which other exam boards did you use and did you find using different exam boards for some subjects stressful?
Reply 5
Lol I feel so weird getting my results 8 days earlier than everyone else
Reply 6
Oh wow that does sound stressful. You didn't do any Edexcel past papers for the computing exam? Which board did you find the most difficult then?
Reply 7
Original post by StrawbAri
Me too :frown: what grades do you think you'll get?

honestly its better if i dont say what grades i will get, ill just wait for it to come out no guessing. but when it gets released ill ask my friends to tell me theirs and if its good ill open mine but if not so good. then ......
which subjects do you do
Reply 8
Original post by ak.10
honestly its better if i dont say what grades i will get, ill just wait for it to come out no guessing. but when it gets released ill ask my friends to tell me theirs and if its good ill open mine but if not so good. then ......
which subjects do you do

Well you can post them here or in the other gcse thead when you get them :h:
I did
English
French
Maths
Economics
Physics
Chemistry
Biology and
ICT
Reply 9
damn math extended ? that exam sucked.........
ict paper 3 was hard sorry i didnt revise wbu....
paper 1 was f uped so badly
which subject are scared the most forr
me i guess buisness i need to get a b or a in that subject i didnt study for the 1st paper and im scared for ict oh well the others im scared like liteature
Reply 10
Bumpp :smile:
Did CIE iGcse English language. I have to wait until regular results day to get it with everything else. Tbh, I'm almost certain of an A, but it is yet another one of those subjects I desperately want the A* in.

Also, does anyone know if, where, and when I can find the grade boundaries? CIE seems to be as secretive as the CIA .. get it :tongue:?
(edited 8 years ago)
I did maths, I'm a bit nervous as p42 was very difficult.........grade boundaries prediction for it??
Original post by Turtlebunny
Did CIE iGcse English language. I have to wait until regular results day to get it with everything else. Tbh, I'm almost certain of an A, but it is yet another one of those subjects I desperately want the A* in.

Also, does anyone know if, where, and when I can find the grade boundaries? CIE seems to be as secretive as the CIA .. get it :tongue:?

The grade boundaries will be
90 or more for an A*
80-89 for an A
etc.
Your component (i.e. raw) marks aren't guaranteed to be available to the school until 1700 on 17 August.
Original post by Compost
The grade boundaries will be
90 or more for an A*
80-89 for an A
etc.
Your component (i.e. raw) marks aren't guaranteed to be available to the school until 1700 on 17 August.

Are you sure about those boundaries? We did 0522 spec & grade boundaries in the past seemed to fluctuate around 104 marks. Is there a way to find them from CIE themselves?
Are you sure about those boundaries? We did 0522 spec & grade boundaries in the past seemed to fluctuate around 104 marks. Is there a way to find them from CIE themselves?

The result you get is out of 100 and for that the grade boundaries are always the same. I don't think the raw grade boundaries are available until the breakdown is made available on 17 August. From memory it was 108 for an A* last November.
[QUOTE="Compost;58314259"]The result you get is out of 100 and for that the grade boundaries are always the same. I don't think the raw grade boundaries are available until the breakdown is made available on 17 August. From memory it was 108 for an A* last November.[/QUOTE

Okay, fingers crossed then! I had 68 marks going into my exam, so was aiming for high 30's which I did get once in my December mock!
Reply 17

You can get grade boundaries from earlier years from the website :smile: It'll give you a rough idea of the marks you need to get.
I think they release the grade boundaries for a particular session after the results have been released though.

Original post by examhater44
I did maths, I'm a bit nervous as p42 was very difficult.........grade boundaries prediction for it??

Yes it was :frown:
Hopefully very low because everyone on this site that did it found it really hard as well
Reply 18
Results tomorrow :woo:
I might actually be having a mental breakdown right now :cry:
Good luck everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest