The Student Room Group

Financial Management exemption? (ACA)

So I'll be exempt from all 6 knowledge papers once I start my TC, but I've recently found out that I might be able to get credit for the financial management paper too.

Would this be wise to take? Bearing in mind I'll be going straight into the professional level. I've heard financial management appears quite heavily in the TI papers?

What are peoples' opinions of this? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Kre
So I'll be exempt from all 6 knowledge papers once I start my TC, but I've recently found out that I might be able to get credit for the financial management paper too.

Would this be wise to take? Bearing in mind I'll be going straight into the professional level. I've heard financial management appears quite heavily in the TI papers?

What are peoples' opinions of this? Thanks :smile:

Take any exemptions you can, revising for exams is enough of a pain as it is! I'm doing the new TIs at the moment and yes it does but you should have enough prior knowledge that it wont be a problem.
Reply 2
Original post by Chapeau Rouge
Take any exemptions you can, revising for exams is enough of a pain as it is! I'm doing the new TIs at the moment and yes it does but you should have enough prior knowledge that it wont be a problem.

Do tuition providers recap, and is everything you need to know for the TI papers taught or recapped anyway?

Also, is this the same for the knowledge level going into the professional level? Did you have to look back at all at knowledge level work for the next level at all? I only ask since I'll be effectively skipping a level and going straight to the written papers.

Thanks for your reply. :smile:
Original post by Kre
Do tuition providers recap, and is everything you need to know for the TI papers taught or recapped anyway?

Also, is this the same for the knowledge level going into the professional level? Did you have to look back at all at knowledge level work for the next level at all? I only ask since I'll be effectively skipping a level and going straight to the written papers.

Thanks for your reply. :smile:

They recap to an extent but you have revision notes that cover it that you get given at TI level, that said if you know enough to get an exemption, you'll know enough to get the content. Of the knowledge papers I think I only looked back at MI for some of the FM calculations, and principles of tax for some of the weirder tax rules as it was about a year since I took the POT exam and doing the 2 higher level ones. Never looked back at accounting, assurance, law or B&F.
Reply 4
Original post by Chapeau Rouge
They recap to an extent but you have revision notes that cover it that you get given at TI level, that said if you know enough to get an exemption, you'll know enough to get the content. Of the knowledge papers I think I only looked back at MI for some of the FM calculations, and principles of tax for some of the weirder tax rules as it was about a year since I took the POT exam and doing the 2 higher level ones. Never looked back at accounting, assurance, law or B&F.

Ah that's reassuring to hear about the knowledge ones at least. I'll be getting exempt from MI and POT too, it's been a while since I did these modules at university but hopefully I'll be okay? Do you think it's worth liasing with Kaplan to get the materials for these? Thanks :smile:
I had an exemption from FM and can't say that I ever felt like there was knowledge I was missing out on. Everything you need to know for an exam will be recapped.
Reply 6
I had an exemption from FM - although I passed the TI's the first time I did have to work extra hard compared to my colleagues. But still, I will definitely take the exemption any day!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending