The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Edminzodo
Got a confirmation this morning, now to work on my two pieces of work to send off!

I'm kind of worried about the work it wants me to send in :/ It says that work is to be marked and not at all altered prior to sending it in. My only essays in the English language from last year's modules were my first essays in 10 years, and they're, er, not what I'd consider great.
It's a shame I don't have anything better yet that would be suitable.
Original post by Ivoryfall
I'm kind of worried about the work it wants me to send in :/ It says that work is to be marked and not at all altered prior to sending it in. My only essays in the English language from last year's modules were my first essays in 10 years, and they're, er, not what I'd consider great.
It's a shame I don't have anything better yet that would be suitable.

Surely circumstances would be different considering you're a mature applicant? Maybe email them and see what else you could send in, I doubt work from 10 years ago proves anything about your abilities now :/
Original post by antigone-
Surely circumstances would be different considering you're a mature applicant? Maybe email them and see what else you could send in, I doubt work from 10 years ago proves anything about your abilities now :/

Oh! To clarify I mean my essays are only from last year, but they were the first pieces of academic writing I had done since I left school ten years ago :smile: So they're a bit janky and awkward. I'm hoping maybe the college will consider that without me mentioning it just because I am a mature applicant? Touch wood!
Original post by Ivoryfall
Oh! To clarify I mean my essays are only from last year, but they were the first pieces of academic writing I had done since I left school ten years ago :smile: So they're a bit janky and awkward. I'm hoping maybe the college will consider that without me mentioning it just because I am a mature applicant? Touch wood!

Oh sorry for misunderstanding! Maybe you could mention that in your cover letter? I don't really get how written work works either haha

Although I am sure it is not as bad as you think :h:
GCSEs: 8A*s 2As
AS: AAB (A in Spanish and French, B in biology)
A2 (predictions): A*A*A (A in biology)
College: Merton

I have a really quick question!
I'm applying for French and Spanish but I was just wondering can my submitted pieces of work be from my AS year?
Original post by iamlynchy
GCSEs: 8A*s 2As
AS: AAB (A in Spanish and French, B in biology)
A2 (predictions): A*A*A (A in biology)
College: Merton

I have a really quick question!
I'm applying for French and Spanish but I was just wondering can my submitted pieces of work be from my AS year?

I don't see why not but I think they'd prefer it to be from A2.. don't quote me on that though!
To all applying for a science/maths course, what are your predicted grades?
Original post by MathsAstronomy12

A*A*A for Maths G100

Posted from TSR Mobile

A*A*A for Computer Science G400

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AmateurMathsGeek
A*A*A for Maths G100

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh nice, same as me I think.. What subjects?
Original post by Princepieman
A*A*A for Computer Science G400

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice, subjects...?
Nice, subjects...?

Maths, Further Maths and Econ AS+A2 in a year
Is it weird that I've applied to read physics and have currently been predicted A*A*A in maths, further maths and physics?? Also taking STEP..
Is it weird that I've applied to read physics and have currently been predicted A*A*A in maths, further maths and physics?? Also taking STEP..

No.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The subject I'm planning is currently predicted less than my other two A Levels.. (although I'm doing my best to convince my teacher for the star..)
The subject I'm planning is currently predicted less than my other two A Levels.. (although I'm doing my best to convince my teacher for the star..)

It doesn't matter lol, Physics is heavily reliant on Maths anyway.
Original post by Princepieman
It doesn't matter lol, Physics is heavily reliant on Maths anyway.

Fair point
Original post by mazzaion
I'm applying for Classics (course 2b), what about you? Which college?

Mm, lovely. I'm applying for Classical Arch. and Ancient History, which is a similar course. I'm thinking of either St. Johns, Brasenose or Merton— still quite torn between the three, but right now I feel more partial to the middle one.
Application is almost ready to send, Im applying to St Johns for PPE. Mature candidate so slightly different boat from a lot of you but good luck to everyone else.
Original post by AspirantPPE
Application is almost ready to send, Im applying to St Johns for PPE. Mature candidate so slightly different boat from a lot of you but good luck to everyone else.

Yeah, I'm 'old' like you :biggrin:

Sending my app off on Monday. Did you consider Harris Manchester?

Latest

Trending

Trending