The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by William Turtle
I find it interesting that the number of neurotics applying (or planning) to Cambrdige, who make such threads, is far greater than the number for Oxford.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I agree that arsenal are the best team on the planet. COYG
IGCSEs: 7A* 2A 2B. Hoping to make up for my lack of A* with a good BMAT!
A Levels: 3A* 3A. Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Greek, Physics, Computing respectively.
Course: Medicine
College: St. Hugh's

Do you think it'd be too late sending in an application this close to the deadline? My school hasn't written my reference letter yet so my application hasn't been sent. :/
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MouseyBrown
Yeah, I'm 'old' like you :biggrin:

Sending my app off on Monday. Did you consider Harris Manchester?

I did, but decided I'd rather be with more of a mix of people than all mature students. I don't want to label myself with that, and I've got a lot of younger friends through my athletics club as well, so not imagining that it'll be a big issue.

That and I have a terribly childish sense of humour!

What course are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AspirantPPE
I did, but decided I'd rather be with more of a mix of people than all mature students. I don't want to label myself with that, and I've got a lot of younger friends through my athletics club as well, so not imagining that it'll be a big issue.

That and I have a terribly childish sense of humour!

What course are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ha yeah me too! I still feel about 13 anyway.

Going for History and Politics at Magdalen. Good luck then dude.
Original post by MathsAstronomy12
To all applying for a science/maths course, what are your predicted grades?

A*A*A*A* Maths at St.Johns
Original post by SCalver
A*A*A*A* Maths at St.Johns

What subjects?
Original post by gkallikas
IGCSEs: 7A* 2A 2B. Hoping to make up for my lack of A* with a good BMAT!
A Levels: 3A* 3A. Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Greek, Physics, Computing respectively.
Course: Medicine
College: St. Hugh's

Do you think it'd be too late sending in an application this close to the deadline? My school hasn't written my reference letter yet so my application hasn't been sent. :/

I don't think it would be. I'm having the same issue because my school is still writing my reference and only planning to send off any early applications on Monday. Slightly annoying considering I finished my personal statement about 2 weeks ago as well.
Reply 2927
To all applying for a science/maths course, what are your predicted grades?

A*A*A*B for Maths and Computer Science
Hi guys,
I want to get ahed in chemistry, in order to prepare for the biochem interview. Thus I'm wondering whether or not to prioritise studying electrochemistry?

Thanks
Original post by ranayounis
I don't think it would be. I'm having the same issue because my school is still writing my reference and only planning to send off any early applications on Monday. Slightly annoying considering I finished my personal statement about 2 weeks ago as well.

Yeah same here. It's just really frustrating having to wait when I actually sacrificed a lot of free time trying to meet my school's deadlines and they left it till the last week to write it. I guess it's one of those things you have to try not to think too much about it.
What subjects?

Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Physics
Original post by ranayounis

It makes no difference really for Oxbridge when you send it.
Original post by NT226
A*A*A*B for Maths and Computer Science

Let me guess, maths, further maths, physics and B in chem?? :wink:
Reply 2933
Hey,
Anyone doing the ELAT this year? I was wondering if within the extract you had to pick out a small passage to analyse, and if so, how big it should be? I feel so underprepared. 😂😂😂😂😱😱😱
Original post by somnacin
Mm, lovely. I'm applying for Classical Arch. and Ancient History, which is a similar course. I'm thinking of either St. Johns, Brasenose or Merton— still quite torn between the three, but right now I feel more partial to the middle one.

Brasenose was my second choice after visiting on the open days :smile: I didn't like the others so much... Let me know which one you pick!
Original post by ¿Why?
Hey,
Anyone doing the ELAT this year? I was wondering if within the extract you had to pick out a small passage to analyse, and if so, how big it should be? I feel so underprepared. 😂😂😂😂😱😱😱

Hey - I am sitting the ELAT too. I know what you mean the question is so open-ended it's hard to know what to do! I think the main thing is to show skills of close reading, so I guess it could be a good idea to zero in on a small part of the extract. I think because the essay is comparative everyone ends up jumping around the extracts anyway, but I would advise covering the texts you choose comprehensively - just in case! :smile:
Ok so....

I got 12A*s at GCSE, and I'm predicted A*, A*, A, A in German, Economics, History and Maths respectively but.... I got a high B in maths last year. I haven't certificated and therefore declared my grades on UCAS, but my B in maths is mentioned on my reference. Does that harm my application do you guys think? The alternative would be leaving off completely what I got last year (4 As in all my other subjects plus French which I dropped).

I'm applying for Law at jesus btw
Hello gents. Is anybody applying to law or languages, or law with legal studies in Europe?
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
Hello gents. Is anybody applying to law or languages, or law with legal studies in Europe?

I am - Law with German Law
Original post by Seahorse1209
I am - Law with German Law

Well well well, so am I.

Are you applying to UCL and KCL as well?

Latest

Trending

Trending