The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

What does everyone think about the two part episodes? :curious:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Black Rose
What does everyone think about the two part episodes? :curious:

Posted from TSR Mobile

While I get annoyed that I've got to wait a week before I finish the episode; it gives the story time to develop

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers

They're scared for nothing I say.
Just watched before the flood. That was a great episode.

Starting to pick up some motifs for the series as well.
I thought Maisie Williams came across really well in that; I thought I was going to find her annoying but I didn't!:h:

Also I loved the Doctor's exaggerated thumbs up to Clara, I'm going to do that to my mum all the time now.:colone:
For the first two two part episodes the second episode has been infinitely better
I'll reserve judgement until next weekend and the second part, but that felt like it'd have been fine as a stand alone episode...

I do like there being consequences for the whole cheating death thing this time, not just the whole bring them back, nothing really happened deal.
Reply 4787
I'll reserve judgement until next weekend and the second part, but that felt like it'd have been fine as a stand alone episode...

I do like there being consequences for the whole cheating death thing this time, not just the whole bring them back, nothing really happened deal.

I think (/am hoping) that they'll be two standalone episodes that are linked. That's how it felt to me.

Also loving that we had an explanation for him having Caecilius' face!
the double episodes thing is because the theme of the series is about facing and cheating death. Everything seems to be lingering longer now so the show's form might as well be extended.
Thought 'The Girl Who Died' was okay, but because it Mathieson (who wrote the two best episodes of last series) I was expecting a bit more (bit like Neil Gaiman with Nightmare In Silver). Capaldi has been excellent this series (prefer his old costume not this scruffier look. I don't like the shades though the sonic had basically become a magic wand under Moffat) and he had some good lines in this episode. I liked the idea of a space version of YouTube, imagine the hits on that video they recorded haha!
omg we aren't going to have the whole 'girl who died twice' thing again like with clara are we? :s-smilie:
well i found that rather enjoyable. this series has been brilliant so far
that was rather good :smile:
Very good episode. Best of the series.
Did no one else pick up on her highwayman name "Nightmare" shes called Nightmare and has the body of a child aka Nightmare Child, and shes also a hybrid as some people have said before.

Spoiler

The series has largely been good but the episode before this one was terrible in my opinion but this week saved it
(edited 8 years ago)
I really hope that they get rid of the sonic screwdriver soon because so far it is terribly annoying! I thought the episode was ok and much better than previous ones, but there were moments which seemed childish - which seems to be a normal occurrence ever since capaldi became the doctor!
Original post by Teddysmith123
I really hope that they get rid of the sonic screwdriver soon because so far it is terribly annoying! I thought the episode was ok and much better than previous ones, but there were moments which seemed childish - which seems to be a normal occurrence ever since capaldi became the doctor!

It seems to be a normal occurrence since Moffat got busy with Sherlock. He should focus on one programme and ditch the other. Doctor who is on the decline anyway and needs to be passed on to a new writer so Moffat can carry on with Sherlock. Even this Victorian Sherlock special is set to disappoint as millions of fans solely care about moriartys fake death since the last cliff hanger. The last season of DW was almost unwatchable in my opinion but this one was alright so far and I'm preparing for the mega episodes that will see Clara inevitably leave after a long tenure in the tardis. This is pure speculation and in no way a spoiler, Clara could leave this or next season or even later to my knowledge.
Original post by Questioner1234
It seems to be a normal occurrence since Moffat got busy with Sherlock. He should focus on one programme and ditch the other. Doctor who is on the decline anyway and needs to be passed on to a new writer so Moffat can carry on with Sherlock. Even this Victorian Sherlock special is set to disappoint as millions of fans solely care about moriartys fake death since the last cliff hanger. The last season of DW was almost unwatchable in my opinion but this one was alright so far and I'm preparing for the mega episodes that will see Clara inevitably leave after a long tenure in the tardis. This is pure speculation and in no way a spoiler, Clara could leave this or next season or even later to my knowledge.

So basically you think Clara will leave at some point. Pretty much a given, no?
So basically you think Clara will leave at some point. Pretty much a given, no?

Haha, I just didn't want to be accused of giving a spoiler that she'll leave given the title of this thread.

Quick Reply

Latest