The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eux
Maths... if i get in:colone:

Good luck for your MAT!
Original post by Oakflame
Yaaay :biggrin: I'm applying there for PPE! What subject are you doing?

History :smile:
Original post by scblx
Just got the acknowledgement email from Merton :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! Although now I'm dreading the fact they are 'actively' looking at my application! Just waiting for me rejection letter 😂
Original post by liviward36
Same! Although now I'm dreading the fact they are 'actively' looking at my application! Just waiting for me rejection letter 😂

I know right ?? Makes you wanna crawl in a corner :biggrin:
Is there anyone else that hasn't had an email directly from their college? I'm applying to Worcester for medicine - I've had one from the uni and one from the medical sciences department, but everyone on here is saying they've had contact from the college as well? I'm sure it's fine, but I'm just curious!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by liviward36

What are you applying for?
Don't panic! Did they say in your email too about one million times this it is not an interview invitation? It felt like they think I am stupid. :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lainathiel
Is there anyone else that hasn't had an email directly from their college? I'm applying to Worcester for medicine - I've had one from the uni and one from the medical sciences department, but everyone on here is saying they've had contact from the college as well? I'm sure it's fine, but I'm just curious!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here! My college hasn't emailed me either, but I've got one from the uni and one from the medical sciences department too xD
Original post by thechemistress
Same here! My college hasn't emailed me either, but I've got one from the uni and one from the medical sciences department too xD

Maybe it is because you are applying for medicine? Or the college is just taking more time? I thought Merton would be the last, I received the acknowledgement yesterday, but there could still be colleges sending the email today or tomorrow :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm the same, at first I thought my college had emailed me but mine is from the Medical Sciences department too, not the college :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got mine Monday
x

Original post by emem2011
x

x

I doubt you'll hear from a college until interview notifications go out at the end of November. Even then, there's a high chance the college you hear from won't be the one you applied to because of how the medicine interviews are organised.

Original post by emem2011
I'm the same, at first I thought my college had emailed me but mine is from the Medical Sciences department too, not the college :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by BJack
I doubt you'll hear from a college until interview notifications go out at the end of November. Even then, there's a high chance the college you hear from won't be the one you applied to because of how the medicine interviews are organised.

Ahh, okay, I'm relieved then! I was checking through my junk folder in case I had missed or deleted it by accident!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still no direct email from Exeter...
Thanks, I'm not worried about it I just wanted to keep those who are informed :smile:
Is anyone else freaking out about the HAT
Original post by unistresshelp
Is anyone else freaking out about the HAT

Kind of....I was happy with my past papers but I'm a bit worried about must getting a ****ty question two and so I'm going over all my AS stuff. But don't know if I should go over absolutely everything, or just focus certain bits of each unit. Like any past paper I basically could have answered with collectivization or Attlee's labor......so don't know if I should I bother cramming all of post war British history.

I think knowing fairly short period inside out mean you can apply them to any question. But a tricky question could ruin that theory!
Original post by MouseyBrown
Kind of....I was happy with my past papers but I'm a bit worried about must getting a ****ty question two and so I'm going over all my AS stuff. But don't know if I should go over absolutely everything, or just focus certain bits of each unit. Like any past paper I basically could have answered with collectivization or Attlee's labor......so don't know if I should I bother cramming all of post war British history.

I think knowing fairly short period inside out mean you can apply them to any question. But a tricky question could ruin that theory!

honestly i am really really scared that we're going to get a horrible question, like there was this question about the physical environment and i wanted to cry :frown:.
i went over my AS stuff but breifly, i did the main bits like economics, politcal effect/ social impact/society/relationship between people and state/ development of policy/modernisation- basically stuff around it just do that and youll be fine good luck!!!!!!
Original post by Raina97
Ah did you apply for Oxford last year, or was it just a paper that you did? Also when you say 60 do you mean the TSA score conversion rather than 60%, right? I generally average around 65 TSA UMS, generally about 39/50 :frown:
I have no idea if it's good enough though.

No I didn't apply last year, I'm a first time applicant this year. :smile: Yes it was the conversion, pretty sure! Sounds pretty good to me, good luck!!
Original post by MouseyBrown

I'm doing the HAT too, doing Peter the Great and Westernisation and that seems to pretty much fit every question but god knows what we're going to get...write about the importance of food in a historical event lol
Original post by thehollowcrown
I'm doing the HAT too, doing Peter the Great and Westernisation and that seems to pretty much fit every question but god knows what we're going to get...write about the importance of food in a historical event lol

Haha yeah, they haven't done one on 'the role played by dogs in a period of important historical change' yet, so it could be something like that.

Latest

Trending

Trending