The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys, how did you do the tests? :biggrin: Are you satisfied? Were they difficult?

I also have a question: can I underline, bold etc. words that I want to emphasize in my written works? Is that allowed?
Original post by Nancy97
Hey guys, how did you do the tests? :biggrin: Are you satisfied? Were they difficult?

I also have a question: can I underline, bold etc. words that I want to emphasize in my written works? Is that allowed?

Challenging but I think I nailed it bc I had a lot of fun with the questions :biggrin:
The MAT seemed disastrous to me :frown: Hoping for the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nancy97

Passed the ELAT and MLAT - it went alright !
I don't even know how I did in the TSA XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
So people who were doing the MLAT and ELAT left the exam room crying.. :/ I on the other hand acknowledge my failure in the MAT :biggrin:

Hope it went well for everyone else!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I will be rejected because of my TSA result. Many people said it wasn't that bad but for me it was.. I ruined the essay completely and the multiple choice was just too much for too less time.
Well done to everyone who had a test today. Try not to fret over things that went wrong. Yes these tests are important but look at it another way - if you knew everything/did everything properly at this stage of your academic career, there would be little point in you going to Oxford in the first place :tongue:

:grouphugs:
I think its really hard to try understand how you really did, at least the TSA, is really unpredicatable!!
I can't believe we're in November already and should be hearing about interviews in three weeks' time! It seems like just yesterday I was submitting my UCAS!

Now they'll be the slowest three weeks of my life, lol.
Original post by Princepieman
So people who were doing the MLAT and ELAT left the exam room crying.. :/ I on the other hand acknowledge my failure in the MAT :biggrin:

Hope it went well for everyone else!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh god :frown: the one guy doing an ELAT in my school felt alright about it haha

The HAT was okay, I'm just glad it's out of my hands now tbh
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by se123888
Any Human Science applicants?

I am! I was just wondering if you went to an open day how did they state they were using the TSA (is the a cut-off or are they just using it as something extra to get a better view of the candidates)?

Thanks
Original post by antigone-
Oh god :frown: the one guy doing an ELAT in my school felt alright about it haha

The HAT was okay, I'm just glad it's out of my hands now tbh

Hahaha, yeah, this girl just couldn't take it!

Lol, I think I've completely failed the whole thing - especially after missing a whole 20 marks worth of questions hahaha.

Did you feel like your preparation helped?
Hahaha, yeah, this girl just couldn't take it!

Lol, I think I've completely failed the whole thing - especially after missing a whole 20 marks worth of questions hahaha.

Did you feel like your preparation helped?

Yeah actually, for once! Last year I did so much prep for my exams and it just felt useless on the day so it's nice to have actually done something productive :biggrin:

What about you?

How did that happen? :frown: There are other aspects of your application to make it for it and most importantly - nobody can guess how an exam went so dw so much. Not much we can do now haha

Tbf some people left the TSA and BMAT incredibly depressed
Original post by antigone-
Yeah actually, for once! Last year I did so much prep for my exams and it just felt useless on the day so it's nice to have actually done something productive :biggrin:

What about you?

How did that happen? :frown: There are other aspects of your application to make it for it and most importantly - nobody can guess how an exam went so dw so much. Not much we can do now haha

Tbf some people left the TSA and BMAT incredibly depressed

That's great to hear! I'm glad it didn't turn out horrible for you!! :biggrin:

Nah, my preparation was completely useless in that exam. I was not expecting having to write sooooo much, it was probably that which screwed my timing over. So once I got to the very end I couldn't even attempt the last question.. :frown:

I'm not really worried tbh, quite glad that I gave it a bash regardless of what happened. Fairly certain of a preinterview rejection, anything other than that would be a surprise to the system hahaha :biggrin:

Aw darn, they probably did better than they thought. :redface: The only person doing the BMAT was a prospective grad entry medic!
Anyone else just feeling *okay* after their tests? I did the TSA and I don't feel as if I did amazingly well nor do I feel it was a disaster, and so I'm just sort of happy to have finished it. Now for an interview (pretty) please!
The BMAT did not go well :frown: Bye bye Oxford :cry2:
That's great to hear! I'm glad it didn't turn out horrible for you!! :biggrin:

Nah, my preparation was completely useless in that exam. I was not expecting having to write sooooo much, it was probably that which screwed my timing over. So once I got to the very end I couldn't even attempt the last question.. :frown:

I'm not really worried tbh, quite glad that I gave it a bash regardless of what happened. Fairly certain of a preinterview rejection, anything other than that would be a surprise to the system hahaha :biggrin:

Aw darn, they probably did better than they thought. :redface: The only person doing the BMAT was a prospective grad entry medic!

Aw thanks :smile: Don't underestimate yourself!

Writing in a maths test? ew sounds disgusting

My school has about 15-20 Oxford applicants (highest ever number for us :u:) but only like 10 had to sit any tests. So we had 4 TSA people (1 for Geog, 1 for PPE, 2 for E&M), 3 HAT, 2 BMAT (all for Biomed not Med), 1 PAT and 1 ELAT. A little bit of a mix :smile:
Original post by thechemistress
The BMAT did not go well :frown: Bye bye Oxford :cry2:

Me neither, my friend exclaimed section 2 was really easy, and I was like nope. Also, I didn't finish the essay. All we can do is wait, and it will all be alright (atleast it is over😰)

Latest

Trending

Trending