The Student Room Group

What do I wear during work experience?

It's a while away but I'm just wondering. It's in an office, but I'm not sure what to wear. Would I look silly if I dressed formal too?
Reply 1
No, you wouldn't look silly. Like you dont have to go in a full blown suit or anything but maybe some trousers and a nice top/blouse. It gives a good impression of you. I was talking to my friend the other day who is a dentist, she had a boy in for work experience and she and all her staff were horrified that he's worn shorts!
I have work experience in school and i'm not sure what to wear - would trousers and a blouse is appropiate? teachers usually dress fairly casual
Original post by layla_d
It's a while away but I'm just wondering. It's in an office, but I'm not sure what to wear. Would I look silly if I dressed formal too?

Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
I have work experience in school and i'm not sure what to wear - would trousers and a blouse is appropiate? teachers usually dress fairly casual

That's fine! It's best to dress a little more formally than casually for work experience. However, you might want to see if your placement has specified anything for you to wear or not to wear. :h:
Original post by karmacrunch
That's fine! It's best to dress a little more formally than casually for work experience. However, you might want to see if your placement has specified anything for you to wear or not to wear. :h:

They haven't specified anything, just emailed back saying they look forward to my arrival on the week i do the placement so i'm just sticking with the blouse and trousers, would a blazer over do it? i would take it off when i got there but just for the mornings instead of a coat?
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
They haven't specified anything, just emailed back saying they look forward to my arrival on the week i do the placement so i'm just sticking with the blouse and trousers, would a blazer over do it? i would take it off when i got there but just for the mornings instead of a coat?

Honestly, that should be fine! A blouse and a pair of trousers will look smart and you will give off a good impression when you arrive. :biggrin:

I hope this helped a bit. :tongue:
Original post by karmacrunch
Honestly, that should be fine! A blouse and a pair of trousers will look smart and you will give off a good impression when you arrive. :biggrin:

I hope this helped a bit. :tongue:

Yes it did thank you! :smile:
Guys My work experience is in 2 months and I need to secure a placement, where are other people doing theirs if based in London and what usually happens on the first day?

Quick Reply

Latest