The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SteampunkNerd
seriously? Organising transports gonna be a nightmare :eek: I think it went ok, I'm not exactly jumping for joy but I'm not giving up just yet either! I talked about the last two and I found it really interesting so hopefully that will have shown through!!! What did you think of it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where are you from in Somerset dude?
Original post by tenstemsandroses
I applied for Psychology and Philosophy, which is a bit different from English, but I got a UCAS notification in the email earlier today saying something in my application had changed. And yet when I checked Track online, there was nothing new.

Now you've got me worried that I was sent a rejection when I was hoping it was an interview invite. My hope is that it was just a hiccup in the system, but I'm still nervous as balls. :/

Interview invitations dont come through UCAS - so it wouldn't be that. Neither do rejections at this point, UCAS only updates for Oxford after the decision day in January! :smile:
Original post by Elliejrt
Late november - last year was 27th Nov for invitations to interview, though earlier I think for rejections :/ which college have you applied to?

Wish we could find out this/next week! I have applied to Somerville - what about you?
I'm applying from Athens, Greece. Are you applying from the UK?
Original post by SteampunkNerd
seriously? Organising transports gonna be a nightmare :eek: I think it went ok, I'm not exactly jumping for joy but I'm not giving up just yet either! I talked about the last two and I found it really interesting so hopefully that will have shown through!!! What did you think of it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

same here for the transport, the joy of finding plane tickets with one week's notice ^.^"
I've applied for Chemistry at Merton, does anyone know around about what time interview offers/rejections will be made? :smile:
Original post by yaschino
Yeah I sat the CLAT, I found that I really struggled with time management and that it was a lot more complex than the exemplar one on the website :/ how did yours go? :smile:

I did the TSA and felt the same, the previous papers seemed a lot easier in my opinion and none of the methods I practised came up, so not feeling too confident about getting an interview
Original post by MouseyBrown
Where are you from in Somerset dude?

Yeovil? Do you know it? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucilou101
Interview invitations dont come through UCAS - so it wouldn't be that. Neither do rejections at this point, UCAS only updates for Oxford after the decision day in January! :smile:

Ahh, thank you so much! I feel like Heracles after he tricks Atlas back into holding up the sky. Although the possibility of rejection/invite is still looming...
I got an email from Christ Church today inviting me to interview for Biological Sciences! So shocked (and nervous), I'll have to fly over on my own in December haha, anyone else in the same boat?
Original post by EoghanB97
I got an email from Christ Church today inviting me to interview for Biological Sciences! So shocked (and nervous), I'll have to fly over on my own in December haha, anyone else in the same boat?

Congratulations!!
Original post by Sidneygladstone
Yes of course!
Christ Church.
GCSE 5A* 6A 1B 1C
AS A Chemistry
A Biology
A History
B Government and politics

predicted A*AA
Feels so weird to have an interview my stats are pretty ordinary compared to many of you guys (-:

Congrats!! That's amazing. It's so great to see someone get an interview for Biochem (your grades are great by the way, well done!). It is daunting to think we're up against loads of individuals - but if you have an interview then you have just as much chance as anyone :smile: that's how I'd think of it. I hope I get an interview too. The thought scares me but also lights a fire within. Having a chance like that to prove your potential is wonderful! Good luck - let me know what happens :smile:
Original post by mechanism
Congrats!! That's amazing. It's so great to see someone get an interview for Biochem (your grades are great by the way, well done!). It is daunting to think we're up against loads of individuals - but if you have an interview then you have just as much chance as anyone :smile: that's how I'd think of it. I hope I get an interview too. The thought scares me but also lights a fire within. Having a chance like that to prove your potential is wonderful! Good luck - let me know what happens :smile:

Thank you! Which college have you applied to? :smile:
Original post by Cinderella97
I did the TSA and felt the same, the previous papers seemed a lot easier in my opinion and none of the methods I practised came up, so not feeling too confident about getting an interview

I'm glad you felt the same, I was doing pretty well in the TSA past papers and now I'm not at all confident of evening getting an interview, it really wasn't great! No idea how it's going to be used either as it's the first year it's been introduced for Human Sciences (why did I take a gap year.........?!) Fingers crossed they give us the benefit of the doubt - I had to sit BMAT beforehand as well, so I just wasn't in the right mindset
For pre-interview rejections, do you get a letter in the post or an email? I've heard you get a letter?
Original post by skylake
Any idea when E&M interviews came out last year?

Last Friday of November I think but it varies

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations, that's great!
Original post by Karina_xo
I'm also applying for human sciences! Glad to have finally found other people hahaaa

I went to the open day however they didn't really mention it, I think since this is the first year human science applicants have to sit the TSA they maybe don't know exactly how they're going to view it until they get the results in :\\\

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whoo, a fellow human scientist! I'm really hoping they don't rely heavily on it this year, maybe just use it to see if there's a useful correlation between the applicants they would have accepted beforehand vs using TSA scores? Anyway, good luck - where are you applying?
Original post by JodieHarriett18
For pre-interview rejections, do you get a letter in the post or an email? I've heard you get a letter?

I received pre-interview rejection when I applied first time. 12 November, email. No letter.

Just hoping it's not the same this year
Original post by mazzaion
same here for the transport, the joy of finding plane tickets with one week's notice ^.^"

I feel ya, not looking forward to trying to find tickets from Canada with only a week's notice

I am! Where are you from?

Latest

Trending

Trending