The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kool_Panda
Oh my god...

That scene with the boxes and the big speech by the Doctor...

By far the best scene I remember from the entire Moffat era

You can't be serious!
Original post by littlenorthernlass
You can't be serious!

Why? It was a fantastic scene and speech, it's definitely Capaldis defining moment as the doctor
anyone have a clue what is going on in tonight's ep? i certainly don't... :s-smilie:
Reply 4883
That was... Confusing!

And next week's episode looks like it's basically going to be set in Diagon Alley :rofl:
Voice for next week sounded like the Immortal woman from GOT.
I've got to admit- I got bored within 5 minutes and from then was just waiting for next weeks preview
Space Peep Show

Also sounded like Maisie Williams at the end of the preview
I honestly cannot believe Mark Gatiss wrote that, i thought it was garbage! Maybe it wasn't the script entirely but more the direction and editing, utter rubbish.

By direction and editing, i mean the stupid flickering and camera direction being through point of eyes; it got irritating very quickly.
(edited 8 years ago)
Eh I thought that was quite good:ninja:
Original post by Kool_Panda
Space Peep Show

Also sounded like Maisie Williams at the end of the preview

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by _Morsey_
I honestly cannot believe Mark Gatiss wrote that, i thought it was garbage! Maybe it wasn't the script entirely but more the direction and editting, utter rubbish.

Totally agree with you...was very dull and boring...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4891

Do people seriously not read the thread title? :facepalm2:

Please put this in spoilers. I did not know this and you have now ruined the surprise, so I hope you are pleased with yourself :colonhash:
A character returning is hardly a spoiler, especially when she appears in the preview at the end of the episode.

Spoiler

Reply 4893
Original post by tomtjl
snip

If you don't know it from watching the episode itself, it counts as a spoiler. Some people don't watch the "next week" trailer, and although I do, I didn't twig.
I take it we are going to return to this weeks story again later in the series (if I understand the end), pity because if the original story wasn't great I doubt the 2nd episode on the story will be much good.
Original post by TheRabbit
I take it we are going to return to this weeks story again later in the series (if I understand the end), pity because if the original story wasn't great I doubt the 2nd episode on the story will be much good.

No, that was one of the two stand alone episodes this series (along with face the raven next week)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
No, that was one of the two stand alone episodes this series (along with face the raven next week)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Must be planning it for a later series then, unless the idea is that the spaceship is destroyed before the electronic signal gets out? They didn't really resolve the story.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a standalone? There was no resolution to the story? The signal is being sent out and Clara still has that weird dust in her eye.

I find it hard to believe that the Dr would just ignore these things and go back to doing random **** while this happens.
Original post by tomtjl
It's a standalone? There was no resolution to the story? The signal is being sent out and Clara still has that weird dust in her eye.

I find it hard to believe that the Dr would just ignore these things and go back to doing random **** while this happens.

Well it wouldn't be a first; we never found out how the Doctor and Clara got out of his time stream:dong:

Quick Reply

Latest