The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

so u saying that they should ban me all coz i am muslims
Original post by ivy.98
You can't bring immigrants into your country with the premise that they will eventually become just like everybody else. People come from their continents with their own country which they have no intention of giving up on.

Most immigrants in most areas of the world assimilate very well. Go to Canada and the USA, and most people of foreign origin have no idea about the culture of their ancestral country. I've met plenty of Muslims who have assimilated very well into British culture (although they have admittedly given up numerous elements of Islamic culture to do that: I don't think Islam is compatible with British culture in the way it is practiced in places like Saudi Arabia and Pakistan: Syria on the other hand is quite a secular country so its version of Islam is not so alien.).
Well Japan pretty much takes this approach.

Its too late for Europe as it has a significant muslim population. The way forward is for people, politicians, media and muslims to acknowledge the harmful islamic doctrine and encourage and give a large platform to genuine Muslim Liberals like Maijid Nawaz to try and liberalise and reform Islam and its views
Original post by fatima1998

Your atrocious command of the English language is probably a better reason to ban you. :tongue:

(To the mods reading this: I'm kidding, no need to go crazy with that yellow card.)
Original post by Hydeman
Your atrocious command of the English language is probably a better reason to ban you. :tongue:

(To the mods reading this: I'm kidding, no need to go crazy with that yellow card.)

sorry for that... at that time i had about five notifications to reply so couldn't concentrate more and also was trying to study at the same time which never works but my english is good or maybe perfect :biggrin: (no jokes)

No

but yes for your butchery of the English language:biggrin:

worth a shot
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BaconandSauce
No

but yes for your butchery of the English language:biggrin:

i have already told someone the reason behind the quick reply and therefore made some mistakes that shouldn't be made b4
n there are many people who can't speak english- nothing is gonna left in europe then
i have already told someone the reason behind the quick reply and therefore made some mistakes that shouldn't be made b4
n there are many people who can't speak english- nothing is gonna left in europe then

the smiley was the hint it was a joke!

But really don't understand your last line.
the smiley was the hint it was a joke!

But really don't understand your last line.

if u gonna ban many people from different cultures/religions/society or coz they can't write or speak english then u wouldn't be able to learn about different cultures/ languages...
if u gonna ban many people from different cultures/religions/society or coz they can't write or speak english then u wouldn't be able to learn about different cultures/ languages...

We don't need to import people to learn about their faith (for example we had curries long before we had an Indian community)

this is the modern age is it not we have things like books etc....
We don't need to import people to learn about their faith (for example we had curries long before we had an Indian community)

this is the modern age is it not we have things like books etc....

It's not the same as meeting and being with people. And well, we're already here, so whether you close the borders or not... lol
Original post by Hasan_Ahmed
It's not the same as meeting and being with people. And well, we're already here, so whether you close the borders or not... lol

Sadly the borders are being closed and the far right is raising it's ugly head again

But as we know just because you are here doesn't not mean you will be allowed to stay or if you are if you can expect to be treated in the way you currently are.

Sad I know but if this carries on it's inevitable
Sadly the borders are being closed and the far right is raising it's ugly head again

But as we know just because you are here doesn't not mean you will be allowed to stay or if you are if you can expect to be treated in the way you currently are.

Sad I know but if this carries on it's inevitable

Lmao. Good luck to theright wingers. The muslims will be practically forced into forming a state within a state here, or declaring independence.
Original post by Hasan_Ahmed
Lmao. Good luck to theright wingers. The muslims will be practically forced into forming a state within a state here, or declaring independence.

Statements like that are a gift for the right wing
Statements like that are a gift for the right wing

That isn't my fault. If they try to codify anti-muslim laws, they aren't going to be met with an embrace. Unless a huge number of non muslim liberals join with muslims and demand it to be removed, muslims in the uk will be obligated to fight - especially if we get told to leave or convert. A british inquisition -will- result in civil war.
Original post by Ace123
After yet more terrible terror attacks in France is it time that Europe faces reality and bans Islam & muslim immigration to Europe, muslim attacks seems never ending, 9/11, 7/7, Lee Rigby, Madrid Bombings, Belgium attacks, Rotherham Abuse, Charlie Hebdo & now more attacks in Paris.

When the IRA were detonating bombs in pubs and hotels in the UK and planting bombs on Lord Mountbatten's boat, did people then seriously call for the banning of the Catholic Religion in the UK and also all Catholic immigration? No, only nutters called for that. So why in hell are some people so desperate to now ban Islam and Muslim immigrants? To me it appears to be plain old wholesome xenophobia because Irish Catholics are (more often than not, I would say) whiter than most Muslims and so your average far right 'britain furst' type nutter feels more comfortable around them as they are more familiar. To them they're just another white person. Most Muslims, however, are not (duh). To the nutter, they are unfamiliar and foreign. As much as I love to see fear (and the inevitable product of fear, hatred) of the unfamiliar warping British people's perception of Muslim immigrants and those born in the UK with Muslim heritage, I think it would be far better if we didn't answer hatred and injustice with more hatred and more injustice by allowing the actions of the few to mire the reputation of the majority of Muslims, who are honestly just people like anyone else. Once you isolate Islam by banning it, you begin to isolate the Muslim people. Once you have isolated a specific group of people from society, you have started down a path which leads to said people being dehumanised and completely in your power. It was through this process that the Nazis carried out the holocaust against the Jewish people, and it's through this process that every genocide in history has been allowed to take place. Come on people, don't start down this path. Don't become the Nazis guys, soooo not cool.

If anyone thinks you shouldn't be here then I'm sure it would be because you can't string a sentence together.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 537
There will no doubt be muslims who were killed in Paris.

IS does not represent the muslim faith as I understand it, and I am not a muslim, but have read parts of the koran, as part of my personal education to be better informed about the world and why we have the problems we have.
I would urge people to read the koran. Education is surely about being informed, and a decent debate can only be had if people make the effort to get informed.
Original post by rosie62
There will no doubt be muslims who were killed in Paris.

IS does not represent the muslim faith as I understand it, and I am not a muslim, but have read parts of the koran, as part of my personal education to be better informed about the world and why we have the problems we have.
I would urge people to read the koran. Education is surely about being informed, and a decent debate can only be had if people make the effort to get informed.

I just find it a bit ironic that you are telling people to read the Qur'an and yet have only read parts of it. Here's a thought: have a look at not only the Qur'an but also the Hadiths and a reliable history book that documents and narrates Islamic history since its inception. You will find a faith that is steeped in violence and sometimes ambiguity.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Well Japan pretty much takes this approach.

Its too late for Europe as it has a significant muslim population. The way forward is for people, politicians, media and muslims to acknowledge the harmful islamic doctrine and encourage and give a large platform to genuine Muslim Liberals like Maijid Nawaz to try and liberalise and reform Islam and its views

Oh stop with this BS really this is your solution to stopping terrorism?

Latest

Trending

Trending