The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aula
Do people seriously not read the thread title? :facepalm2:

Please put this in spoilers. I did not know this and you have now ruined the surprise, so I hope you are pleased with yourself :colonhash:

Sorry!

Edit: * Though it would probably be ill-advised to look through this thread if you hadn't viewed the most current episode*
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4901
Original post by JoshL123
Sorry!

Edit: * Though it would probably be ill-advised to look through this thread if you hadn't viewed the most current episode*

Yes, and if it had been revealed in the episode it would be different. Some people don't watch the "coming up next week" thing though, and what you stated wasn't actually made obvious in it :no:

I do apologise though, my comment was probably harsher then it should have been, but I was annoyed :sad:
It'll be like series 1 where they came to Satellite 5 to find history had gone wrong.
this rosheilda person is irritating :s-smilie:
we have already had this girl who can't die/did die whatever before
srsly moffat make some coherrant, original stories :colonhash:
On the bright side, Clara is gone.
But every silver lining has a cloud- and next week looks like a really rubbish episode
Wow, they actually did it. No soppy ending.

Just a shame the Doctor never went genocidal, i'd love to see a highly emotional butchering from him.
Reply 4906
It's a shame that Asheildr won't become the new companion because I think that would've worked really well.
Reply 4907
Original post by Rakas21
Wow, they actually did it. No soppy ending.

Just a shame the Doctor never went genocidal, i'd love to see a highly emotional butchering from him.

This!

I was so afraid they'd make the whole episode when she left about her leaving. This was exactly the way I wanted her to go.

Also, I was seriously unimpressed - I watched a little bit of graham norton last night, and Peter Capaldi was on it, and he said that it was the end of the road for Clara. It's so ridiculous when they put massive spoilers like that in unexpected places :colonhash:

I don't think we saw enough about next week to know how it's going to be, so I'll reserve judgement until then.
well that was underwhelming, as glad as i am that Clara has gone i don't really get why she died and it just seemed a weird way for her to go tbh :s-smilie:
Should've said "run you clever boy, and remember me" as she died
It said "To Be Continued", I didn't watch the preview but I'm not sure where they could take it other than the Doctor going ape or resurrecting Clara somehow. I sure do hope it's the former.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4911
Original post by Andy98
It said "To Be Continued", I didn't watch the preview but I'm not sure where they could take it other than the Doctor going ape or resurrecting Clara somehow. I sure do hope it's the former.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Umm... We could find out where the doctor goes post transportation? :tongue:
so the question now is, where has the doctor been sent? i thought it was a good episode
Something doesn't quite add up in my mind. I'm guessing their is something else going on with those worm things that try and rationalise everything they see. Unfortunately Clara could still be alive. It just seems something the writers could throw in for the last episode. This is entirely speculation and my random thoughts not based on any spoilers or information or anything.
Original post by Aula
Umm... We could find out where the doctor goes post transportation? :tongue:

True, although I'm with Questioner on this one - seems odd for them to bin her mid season

Original post by Questioner1234
Something doesn't quite add up in my mind. I'm guessing their is something else going on with those worm things that try and rationalise everything they see. Unfortunately Clara could still be alive. It just seems something the writers could throw in for the last episode. This is entirely speculation and my random thoughts not based on any spoilers or information or anything.

Indeed, something isn't quite right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good riddance, **** off Clara, she only got worse as the seasons drew on. Wasn't helped by terrible terrible hey guys I browse reddit too jokes all the time and general woeful storytelling and dialogue.
I thought that was a decent episode but I have no memory of that Rigsby person so I'm annoyed Clara died because of him. I wish it was for a character we knew better.

It's hard to believe anything that happens in Doctor Who anymore though. Moffat has a habit of making a situation seem hopeless and then making it all ok again in the space of two minutes. It's very frustrating.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CoolCavy
well that was underwhelming, as glad as i am that Clara has gone i don't really get why she died and it just seemed a weird way for her to go tbh :s-smilie:

Have to disagree. Its the first time somebody has died properly and that's great. Even got to see the Doctor angry.
Original post by DarkMagic

It's hard to believe anything that happens in Doctor Who anymore though. Moffat has a habit of making a situation seem hopeless and then making it all ok again in the space of two minutes. It's very frustrating.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This, completely. :sigh:

I was surprised Clara had such an insignificant, figuratively quiet death anyway.
Thought the Doctor's threatening Ashildr was compromised by the fact she had no problem tying him up to a chair in The Woman Who Lived, though I suppose the Doctor (like in The Family of Blood) brings hell (on those who make him angry) in different ways.
The idea of trap streets were clever but I was anticipating an ending like Mummy On The Orient Express where the Doctor would have then taken the tattoo and somehow stopped the raven, which made me wonder whether the Doctor could have taken the hit and regenerated. Perhaps Jenna should have quit at the end of Death In Heaven, rarely do companions just decide to leave (apart from Martha) and I thought that was better.
The Doctor's purple velvet jacket suited him a lot better than the hoodie, they don't seem to be able to decide on a costume for Capaldi's Doctor they're always changing it so much (must have been about ten or fifteen variations).

Quick Reply

Latest