The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Uke_Kate
Same, lets just say circles really aren't my strong point and I keep on getting a lot of hard questions on them!

Do you have any idea when the emails for interviews will be sent out?

I think this week since interviews start in 2 weeks or so... :s-smilie:
Original post by chloeabeki
Hopefully, with each day I get more nervous as I still haven't heard from them! Do you think you have a good chance? From what Ive heard you get a question for each of Organic, Physical and Inorganic and work through them for the interview. I'm a bit nervous about Physical as I don't take Physics A2 so that might put me at a disadvantage.

I knew I'd get an interview since they interview most applicants but in terms of good chance? Probably not haha, most people have same or better stats than me (such as you) and interviews are tough.. And I'm same as you, physical is probably hardest branch for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by katerina-97
I think this week since interviews start in 2 weeks or so... :s-smilie:

Hopefully, the suspense is killing me!
Could an Oriel applicant perhaps tell me the title of the invitation/rejection mail they received? I'm wondering whether or not I should turn off notifications on my mail-app :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Anyone heard back from trinity for mat sci?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Uke_Kate
Hopefully, the suspense is killing me!

Same here! Good luck!! :colondollar:
Original post by katerina-97
Same here! Good luck!! :colondollar:

You too!!
does anyone know when wadham/maths interviews are likely to be sent out?
Applying for medicine at Oriel, 12 A*s at GCSE and A*(did full maths A2)AAA in year 12. Nervous for BMAT results, what score do you think I need for interview? Thanks :smile:
Original post by longsightdon
I knew I'd get an interview since they interview most applicants but in terms of good chance? Probably not haha, most people have same or better stats than me (such as you) and interviews are tough.. And I'm same as you, physical is probably hardest branch for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't do physics either, did bio instead, but they're not after physicists anyway :smile: Good luck guys, havent heard anything yet so I'm wetting myself
Lincoln College anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I do chem, maths and bio, I am slightly worried about not having physics but there's a reason why it's not a requirement, right? I know loads of people who've applied for chemistry and only one who has gotten an interview so far. They'll get round to us eventually!
Reply 6032
Original post by Paris16eme
Lincoln College anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied to Lincoln for English! I haven't heard anything back yet, though. You?
Please don't get too excited about tomorrow... I'm not sure what these rumours about interviews being sent out tomorrow are based on but needless to say, many subjects and colleges will not be sending out interviews tomorrow so if you do not get an email, please do not panic. It just hasn't been sent yet.

Anybody claiming to know when interviews are being sent out is probably spreading inaccurate information.
Original post by Plagioclase
Please don't get too excited about tomorrow... I'm not sure what these rumours about interviews being sent out tomorrow are based on but needless to say, many subjects and colleges will not be sending out interviews tomorrow so if you do not get an email, please do not panic. It just hasn't been sent yet.

Anybody claiming to know when interviews are being sent out is probably spreading inaccurate information.

Um, one of the admission tutors say that they finished their shortlisting by monday. he is also the person who sets the interview threshold for his subject and requires tutors who admit applicants under that threshold to explain their reasoning to him and for him to agree to such arrangements. he has a profile on tsr where he answer question.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ForeignStudent32
Um, one of the admission tutors say that they finished their shortlisting on monday. he has a profile on tsr.

Could you give me a quote where they say all applicants should expect a notification tomorrow? I'd be extremely surprised if that were the case (I don't know how a single admissions tutor would know that, anyway, since interviews are sent out by colleges and departments, not via a centralised body).
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ForeignStudent32
Um, one of the admission tutors say that they finished their shortlisting by monday. he is also the person who sets the interview threshold for his subject and requires tutors who admit applicants under that threshold to explain their reasoning to him and for him to agree to such arrangements. he has a profile on tsr where he answer question.

Haha. No offence but I'm calling bull**** on this. How could medicine admission tutors (as an example) possibly start sending out interviews without having our BMAT results? We get our BMAT results on Wednesday, so that's a no for medicine.

Like Plagiocase said, it's highly unlikely that all interviews will be sent out tomorrow. So just a word of warning guys, take all these rumours from people who have "spoken to" admissions tutors with a truckload of salt :lol:
How could any admissions tutor know about the day for every single course?? What subject is he even a tutor for (so people could know which courses to expect a notice from)?
I'm really tired, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I think foreignstudent32 is talking specifically about one subject at a particular college?
Original post by thechemistress
Haha. No offence but I'm calling bull**** on this. How could medicine admission tutors (as an example) possibly start sending out interviews without having our BMAT results? We get our BMAT results on Wednesday, so that's a no for medicine.

Like Plagiocase said, it's highly unlikely that all interviews will be sent out tomorrow. So just a word of warning guys, take all these rumours from people who have "spoken to" admissions tutors with a truckload of salt :lol:

I never said all subjects I replied to someone who was taking MAT and that is the the admission tutor said that he asked all colleges if possible shortlist by monday.

You just assumed blindly that it was for all subjects without any context.

"Probably Monday. I have heard that some department heads asked their tutors to finish shortlisting by Monday." - what I wrote a few post back.

Note the word "some"
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending