The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by trebeccam
Durham, Edinburgh, KCL and Birmingham (with offers from the last two)

I've got my offers for KCL and bristol :smile:
What's your KCl?
Original post by parky98
Ah that sounds cool 😊 when did they email you??

Got an email from Hugh's at 6pm yesterday :smile:
Original post by tenstemsandroses
Actually, I'm an American applicant so my scores would be quite different. I got a 35 out of 36 on the ACT, which I think is similar in use to GCSE's? And 5 out of 5 on Calculus AB, US History, & English Language and Composition; 4 for Physics and Biology; a 3 on US Government and 2 on Macroeconomics for AP tests, which I suppose are similar to your A-levels.

From what I've heard though, Oxford seems to be more interested in students intensely interested in learning their degree subjects, who meet a minimum academic requirement, but that's not the MOST important. So, chillax, if you've met those entry requirements and have a good personal statement, you're probably golden.

The US is the ssame as well, they don't care about your AP scores. They ask you to self report them. Us uni care about your passion but it doesnt have to be passion in academics, but also passion is other activties.

While in UK, they only care about your passion in academics - which creates a stronger academic class but less diverse class.
Original post by ForeignStudent33
The US is the ssame as well, they don't care about your AP scores. They ask you to self report them. Us uni care about your passion but it doesnt have to be passion in academics, but also passion is other activties.

While in UK, they only care about your passion in academics - which creates a stronger academic class but less diverse class.

"ForeignStudent33"? LOL Are you ForeignStudent32's another account?
Original post by Annasuccia
"ForeignStudent33"? LOL Are you ForeignStudent32's another account?

Yeah, is that against the rules? I got banned because I posted yolo on a thread and it is non constructive.
Yeah, is that against the rules? I got banned because I posted yolo on a thread and it is non constructive.

No (actually I don't know, not a mod) I was just wondering. Wow accounts do get banned easily on this site.
I have interviews at Brasenose for chemistry on the 15th-16th of December. Should I stay the night before? Is this an option? :smile:
Original post by itsConnor_
I have interviews at Brasenose for chemistry on the 15th-16th of December. Should I stay the night before? Is this an option? :smile:

Depending on where you live ....
Original post by crose
Hahaha thank you! I've gotten unconditional offers from King's and St Andrews, so I'll be alright. I'm American and applying to way too many schools in the states as it is, so it's actually kind of good to have one taken off the table (it was totally a pipe dream anyway, sort of a "hey this would be kinda cool if it happened but if not nbd":wink:. And hey, there's always study abroad and grad school!

That right there is a good positive attitude! Congratulations on your unconditionals, sounds like you're going to be absolutely fine :biggrin:
Any news on modern languages / linguistics? Seems we are the last. :confused:
Original post by suzekent
Any news on modern languages / linguistics? Seems we are the last. :confused:

You might get one today or else its the weekend 2 day emptiness again.
There are so many black friday emails coming into my inbox today and i'm still waiting to hear back from my college and this is not helping my concentration levels and i think i've actually broken my caps lock button by getting too nervous and punching it into the keyboard oh no the stress levels the stressssss levelsssss
Do Oxford ever email in the weekend regarding interviews?

Is this actually true; I'm really curious who told you that? I'm an American applicant with 15 AP exams (almost all 5's) and I thought that would be a strong point in my application, but if they don't care about them, that's a pretty disappointing.
Original post by mrpunchline
Queens said that they posted rejections yesterday and invitations today... but I still haven't heard anything! It feels like they've forgotten about me :frown:

Ugh is this 'rejection letters are sent first' thing real? I know someone who applied to New College and she already got her rejection. And I got nothing new in my email... :s-smilie:
Depending on where you live ....

I live around 2.5 hours away, so would be able to travel early in the morning on Tuesday. It might put a further stress on the interview though :s-smilie:
Are any any PPEists still waiting? ://
How do they evaluate people in this university?! my friend doesnt even meet the minimal requirements and he got an interview, whilst people who have 9a*'s and AAA's are getting rejected!! wt the hell the stress!!
Original post by nhabib3
How do they evaluate people in this university?! my friend doesnt even meet the minimal requirements and he got an interview, whilst people who have 9a*'s and AAA's are getting rejected!! wt the hell the stress!!

Interview does not equate acceptance =="
Reply 7539
Original post by tesstickles2727
Do Oxford ever email in the weekend regarding interviews?

Saturday isn't out of the question this particular weekend. E-mails have certainly been sent out on Saturday before - but there's no general rule. It will depend on the backlog, timing of the tutors' meeting, willingness of the admissions staff to work etc. But a possibility at least.

Latest

Trending

Trending