The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by millieellen
History and Economics anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! :biggrin: Got reallocated from Brasenose to Hertford.
CompSci at Worcester anyone? :frown: They could hurry up, I want this unknown to finally be over..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArtilleryArthur
Got my interview for English at Balliol today at 11:18! I'm ****ing ecstatic! Anybody else applying for English and/or to Balliol? :smile: :smile:

Congrats! I never looked around Balliol but it seems to be pretty popular, well done! I've applied for English but I don't think i'll hear until Monday now as it's past 12:00am.
Does anybody know the best way to get from Heathrow to Oxford?
Original post by Connor D

I think there are direct bus services, if not the GWR train network's very good, change at didcot and Bob's your uncle

Airport has direct shuttles. Or the best is just to ask your parents or family friend to drive you.

http://airline.oxfordbus.co.uk/timetables/airline-heathrow

hope it helps :smile:
Original post by PasserbyA
Brilliant, all the best for them. I'm still waiting on my subject.

You'll get a response soon enough, and hopefully get an interview and then get in.
Original post by GeogersReprsent
I think there are direct bus services, if not the GWR train network's very good, change at didcot and Bob's your uncle

Original post by FutureOxford3
Airport has direct shuttles. Or the best is just to ask your parents or family friend to drive you.

Thank you! :smile: I am coming from the US alone, so I will probably take the direct shuttle.
Original post by Agax2468
You'll get a response soon enough, and hopefully get an interview and then get in.

Yep, I received an interview for E&M at 3:21pm yesterday, only I was asleep because different timezones.
Thank you! :smile: I am coming from the US alone, so I will probably take the direct shuttle.

Theres also the Oxford Tube. Its a bus service as well. They are much cheaper and have busses every 15 mins or so. But all of the stops are somewhere around the Marble Arch tube station so you would have to go into the city - which could be quite nice if you have the time and haven't been to London.
hi guys i received an interview for magdalen psychology, should i wear a suit (i'm a girl)?? thanks!!
Original post by alauxjx
hi guys i received an interview for magdalen psychology, should i wear a suit (i'm a girl)?? thanks!!

Omg!!!! Congrats!
You don't have to at all. :smile: your tutor won't be wearing one so just wear whatever is comfortable. Xx
How did you find the TSA btw? Also would you mind if I asked what your stats are? Thanks x

I think I will do that too, I am coming alone from Germany :smile:
Original post by MoonVirgo
Omg!!!! Congrats!
You don't have to at all. :smile: your tutor won't be wearing one so just wear whatever is comfortable. Xx
How did you find the TSA btw? Also would you mind if I asked what your stats are? Thanks x

tbh i thought i completely flunked the TSA, but i don't know the results yet. thought they would be out in jan? thanks so much though! what are you applying to?
When I was allocated to St Hugh's, I was asked to notify the college if I require an interview via Skype/Telephone. Since I'm an international student, I emailed them requesting one and got an email of acknowledgement. However, I got my invitation to interview yesterday, but it makes no mention of a Skype interview. I would love to visit Oxford but I don't think I'll get a visit visa in four days. Are they implying that they won't be conducting an interview over Skype, or have I just been sent the standard interview email?

Anyone else in the same position?
Original post by mythofsisyphus
When I was allocated to St Hugh's, I was asked to notify the college if I require an interview via Skype/Telephone. Since I'm an international student, I emailed them requesting one and got an email of acknowledgement. However, I got my invitation to interview yesterday, but it makes no mention of a Skype interview. I would love to visit Oxford but I don't think I'll get a visit visa in four days. Are they implying that they won't be conducting an interview over Skype, or have I just been sent the standard interview email?

Anyone else in the same position?

I'm in a similar position, but my interview email noted that I "requested a skype interview" and so another admissions officer would "be in touch next week". Email your college back to ask for skype arrangements.
Original post by el-enchanted
Hi. I love you. Let's be friends. Also, congrats on your interview! Hopefully I'll see you there :smile:

Hi! You're very kind, yes let's. Thanks, good luck! :smile:
Reply 7918
For the Modern Languages interviews, does anyone know how proficient we need to be (in a language taken to A Level)? Is it better to try and sound natual, or to try and consciously integrate complex phrases into your speech?
Yes! :biggrin: Got reallocated from Brasenose to Hertford.

Woohoo! I've been invited to Brasenose, hopefully see you around!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending