The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone heard from Wadham?
(edited 8 years ago)
Has anyone heard anything from St. Hugh's?
I just rang St Hugh's and they said maths emails won't be sent out till Friday, with some possibly sent on Thursday :frown:
Anyone going to be around in Keble next Tuesday-Friday? Got an interview for history :smile:
Original post by s920497
Someone still waiting for Exeter?

Me>:frown:
Anyone waiting for engineering? Or heard back from engineering?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm there for three days because of Economics and Management, I know we get two interviews, one Econ and one Management but are we likely to have more than those two? Also, if another college wants to see us would we have already been told in the email?
Original post by TacoBelle
hi hi. If it comes to it and that's what you end up doing, would you mind posting what they say? history at wadham here too!

Hey! Nice to meet a fellow applicant 😀 Sure thing, I'm just hoping that they'll get their act together in the next couple of days, it's completely typical that history interviews are the last to be sent out.
Does anybody know, when will Corpus Christi send out letters to Maths applicants?
Original post by Jeena_hunt5476
You're not changing my mind haha I think they do and they are known to do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually, you need to check your facts. I volunteer with admissions and all my tutors at oxford are involved with admissions and they would agree with me.
Original post by Lsdjrl
Anyone heard from Wadham?

I have, they emailed at 2pm so you should hear soon :smile:
why did i choose merton goddamnit :/
Original post by maella
I have, they emailed at 2pm so you should hear soon :smile:

Okay, good to hear. What have you applied for?
Original post by 雷尼克
why did i choose merton goddamnit :/

Good question
Original post by Lsdjrl
Okay, good to hear. What have you applied for?

English. Sorry I'm getting my forums mixed up, I thought I was on the ELAT one and assumed you were applying for English too haha
Original post by maella
English. Sorry I'm getting my forums mixed up, I thought I was on the ELAT one and assumed you were applying for English too haha

Haha, no problem. Have you got an interview?
Has anyone heard back from biomed yet?
Original post by Lsdjrl
Haha, no problem. Have you got an interview?

Yes I do :smile: what are you applying for? I have been invited for interview on the 8th and may have to stay until the 10th even though English interviews are meant to finish on the 8th... so they could invite you later than you think, don't worry :smile:
Original post by danniegee
Hey!

So I think that the intensity of your interviews completely depends on how you approach them - it's funny, because for my French interview, for example, I had three tutors all listening closely to what I said, but because I'd gone in thinking "Ah well, just enjoy it whilst you're here", I didn't find that this put me off or made me more nervous. I actually thought it was amazing to have three incredibly intelligent people taking what I said seriously! Both interviews were conversational in the fact that they took more of a discussion format rather than an interrogation, and again, I think that it helps if you're relaxed, because this means that the tutors are able to develop a conversation with you rather than just ask you a bunch of disjointed questions. Of course, it's totally normal to feel nervous, so don't be thinking "Oh no, I don't feel relaxed, I'm going to find this hard" or anything like that - it's absolutely fine (and ordinary) to be anxious, but just try to go in thinking "Yeah, this is going to be a great academic experience!". Enjoying the interviews as an end in themselves really helped me :smile: Hope this helps :s-smilie:

Best of luck!

Extra point: in my Philosophy interview, I actually ended up asking one of the tutors "Hmm...what do you think?" - I felt silly once I'd said it, but looking back, I think it was a sign that my interview did end up feeling like more of a discussion than a Q&A session!

Hi! I've just found out I have a French and Portuguese interview at St John's. What kind of things made up the discussion in French in your interview?
Geography interviews?

Latest

Trending

Trending