The Student Room Group

HM treasury Policy Advisor Grad Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jo911
i just had legion tutors take care of it for me, through to the next round now!!

looking at his account, I think this is spam. Nobody is through yet
Just received this from the recruitment team:

"I can confirm that your test scores have been sent through correctly.

We will let you know of the next steps by the end of the week.

Regards

The HM Treasury Recruitment Team

Sent: 06 December 2015 18:49
To: HMTreasury
Subject: RE: HM Treasury Policy Adviser

Hi,

Thank you for the below reminder.

I have now completed the tests.

I found the test interface to be extremely slow to load. Frequently there were delays of 10-20 seconds between questions, and I feel that I may have been disadvantaged by this.

I would appreciate your advice as to how to proceed.

Best regards"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by threebackedbeast
Just received this from the recruitment team:

"I can confirm that your test scores have been sent through correctly.

We will let you know of the next steps by the end of the week.

Regards

The HM Treasury Recruitment Team

Sent: 06 December 2015 18:49
To: HMTreasury
Subject: RE: HM Treasury Policy Adviser

Hi,

Thank you for the below reminder.

I have now completed the tests.

I found the test interface to be extremely slow to load. Frequently there were delays of 10-20 seconds between questions, and I feel that I may have been disadvantaged by this.

I would appreciate your advice as to how to proceed.

Best regards"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does this mean we can expect to hear from them tomorrow?
Original post by james987
Does this mean we can expect to hear from them tomorrow?

Judging by my inbox, it would seem so!
Original post by threebackedbeast
Judging by my inbox, it would seem so!

yeah just got the e-mail too saying i passed the tests
Reply 245
I passed too, to my surprise. Hopefully see you guys at the AC.

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah just got the e-mail too saying i passed the tests

Original post by Merah
I passed too, to my surprise. Hopefully see you guys at the AC.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you guys recent graduates or...?

I used to think these schemes were marketed at uni leaver age people but I recently found out that the civil service average age of applicant is 25, so I was just wondering.
Original post by Historicity
Are you guys recent graduates or...?

I used to think these schemes were marketed at uni leaver age people but I recently found out that the civil service average age of applicant is 25, so I was just wondering.

Final year at Uni
Reply 248
Final year at Uni

I'm a few years out of uni
Does anyone have a link for the application system? I won't have access to my emails until Monday so want to have a look since others are hearing but all I can do on the website is register my interest for 2017.
Hi guys, I have applied for this role too. So sorry for being late to the thread. But it is good to hear from people who are too ****ting their pants about this role. I find this thread a source of comfort.

I graduated from the University of Strathclyde this summer, with a 2:1 in history. Also did economics for a few years.

Managed to pass all the online tests so far. I found the SJT awkward, the maths test hard (did not complete) but breezed through the verbal test (4 minutes to spare).

Now waiting to here if I pass the paper sift, which will be the wc the 21st, and if so, will be at the AC which are being held between 18th Jan to 24th Feb.

It would be good to hear from a few of those who managed to land a job to hear how the role is going. I must admit, I find the job quite daunting but I am also really excited about it.

Anyway, hopefully I get through the sift and good luck to you all too.
Reply 251
anyone have any updates on when the paper sift will be completed? they said w/c 21 Dec, but they're probably going to be off tomorrow so I'm assuming it's today or January...
Reply 252
I got through the paper sift. They emailed this afternoon. Anyone else through?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 254
Original post by Merah
I got through the paper sift. They emailed this afternoon. Anyone else through?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep got through as well
Afraid it was a negative here. Good luck all
How's everyone preparing for the presentation? Interview seems like it's fairly standard, and not sure how you can prepare for the written assessment without any further info.

If anyone has done it - how was it?
(edited 8 years ago)
Anyone have an AC booked on the same day as the tube strikes? If all stations and lines end up being closed how do you travel to it? I live on the fringes of London, there is no way to travel without underground.
Anyone have an AC booked on the same day as the tube strikes? If all stations and lines end up being closed how do you travel to it? I live on the fringes of London, there is no way to travel without underground.

I'm booked in for one - but the tube strikes have been called off. Have there been more strikes announced?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I caught the bus from Waterloo to mine after getting the train in - can't remember the bus number but there are several bus routes that stop no more than 5 mins walk from the AC. Hopefully you don't live in a complete transport black spot but if you use the Journey Planner online I'm sure you'll find a good alternative to the tube! https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending