The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Hope River eats **** and dies next time she's seen x
Original post by somemightsay888
Hope River eats **** and dies next time she's seen x

Crikey! You really don't like her :eek:

What's brought this on? Is it the character, actress, plot-line?

You may be able to tell that I'm a fan... She's fierce.
Original post by Tank Girl

so fierce she divorced voldermort
Original post by Tank Girl

Actually hate her lmao, she's the most banal recurring character the show has ever produced. ****ing disgraceful :lol:

I hate her "Hello sweetie", I've cringed in places I never knew possible when I've heard that line. I don't like how she's just a carbon copy wannabe Bond girl with none of what makes Bond girls so great. I hate how she's probably only in there because because it's PC to show women aren't just your typical damsel in distress characters like Amy was for 70% of the series. I hate how her story arc spanned 2 seasons and came to the most dull, inconceivable, silly conclusion possible; Doctor's wife? Get the **** outta here. Also, she's just a bad actor; wooden, one-dimensional sassy character you could find in every and any show, I don't get who she's meant to appeal to or who she's in the vein of :erm: Don't get me wrong, it sounds like I'm being a nostalgiafag, there are plenty of great things about Moffat's run, but one step forward, two steps back. Such a shame too, she was good in Silence in the Library and Forest of the Dead, genuinely interesting to see a future character pop up.

Yes, someday you'll be cured :rip:
Reply 5064
Original post by chelseafreak
you mean favorite new who doctor i'm guessing?

it's out of the doctor's I've seen. I've seen all of 8th, 9th,10th,11th,12th and most of the 5th.
fashionably late to this party :cool:
just seen the last episode and well as per usual i didn't understand what was going on or why a certain character appeared AGAIN *gah* can't anyone just stay dead? :s-smilie:
So how long before they announce a "Clara and Me" spin off show?:colonhash:
Original post by Kool_Panda
So how long before they announce a "Clara and Me" spin off show?:colonhash:

I'll give it until Easter

Posted from TSR Mobile
jesus, the xmas special looks unwatchable
also in that scene with the general regenerating they made a comment about male ego. How come that's ok but if a man made a similar comment about women being emotional all hell would break loose?
I quite enjoyed the episode. I have given up hoping for better writing, but its still fun - just no point over-thinking the storylines. Capaldi has kept me watching this series.

I liked Tennant's doctor a lot (and I suspect he will always be 'my' doctor because he was the doctor when I was a teenager) but he is a completely different character and Capaldi is simply brilliant in the role he has carved for himself. I have even come to dislike Clara slightly less over this season.

Last weeks episode (Heaven Sent), although simple, was really up there for me - best of recent times. Capaldi in his element.

River's character is fun, but I think the Christmas episode might be stretching in to the realms of over-using her. The last few Christmas episodes have been appalling and I am not going to be making any special time to sit and watch it this year.
i have so much catching up to do! :sad:
Original post by cupcakes87
i have so much catching up to do! :sad:

don't bother, the days of this show being a worthwhile watch are long gone
Original post by VladThe1mpaler

I know but the heart wants what it wants :moon:
Original post by VladThe1mpaler

Yeah you have to go back to classic Who to watch a good show.
Hi everyone and merry Christmas!

I hope you are all enjoying the festive period and looking forward to The Husbands of River Song as much as I am.

Wondering if you can all help me out? I'm working on a feature for uni about past Doctor Who Christmas specials and would really appreciate your comments about your favourite special and why? (you can also include your least favourite and why if you have any strong opinions on the matter) - I'd be really grateful.

Thank you!

Edit: It would be really helpful if you could give your name, age and where you're from, as well (but not essential)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by neilreadman

I hope you are all enjoying the festive period and looking forward to The Husbands of River Song as much as I am.

Wondering if you can all help me out? I'm working on a feature for uni about past Doctor Who Christmas specials and would really appreciate your comments about your favourite special and why? (you can also include your least favourite and why if you have any strong opinions on the matter) - I'd be really grateful.

Thank you!

Edit: It would be really helpful if you could give your name, age and where you're from, as well (but not essential)

Oh jeez, urmmmm. I can't think now - definitely back in the Piper days

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not looking forward to hearing "Hello sweetie" in 3 days.

Thank you!

Best ones have been Voyage of the Dammed (07), The Next Doctor (08), The End of Time (09), The Snowmen (12) and Time of the Doctor. If i had to pick a winner i'd give it to the End of Time followed by Snowmen primarily because the characters involved were brilliant (Simmon's Master and Tennant's death.. and Victorian Clara as the Impossible Girl with the enemy (forgot his name).

Thank you!

The Snowmen was my favourite because Clara died so suddenly (I really like Clara but the unexpectedness is great). But I liked Last Christmas too cleverly titled since it was Clara's last Christmas. Their isn't really a bad one The Christmas Invasion was also really good when Ten pops up. Its kinda sad that Nine didn't get one though

Quick Reply

Latest