The Student Room Group

The BIGGEST SCAM of 20th Century in UK ! BLACKADDER !

The Blackadder's (a popular british comedy show from the 20th century) theme was copied from an American song.

Watch the following two videos.

And cry...And cry and cry and cry.........for your whole life was a lie.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Not going to lie... the Blackadder theme could be England's new national anthem.
Reply 2
Original post by Sgt_Haytham
Not going to lie... the Blackadder theme could be England's new national anthem.

Did you actually go through the entire post ?

This is not about it becoming england national anthem, it's about how one of the most successful british comedy shows stole music from a song that in USA is sung at special national occasions. This song ACTUALLY almost made it to the level of what is currently the national anthem of USA. And that was during JFK's time, which means, only about ~25 years before Blackadder came(they shouldn't have stolen it).
Original post by zedeneye1
The Blackadder's (a popular british comedy show from the 20th century) theme was copied from an American song.

Spoiler

I am struggling to find even one ounce of "give a crap"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
BUMP...?
I don't even know what black adder is so don't really care
Reply 6
Original post by imsoanonymous123
I don't even know what black adder is so don't really care

Blackadder is a popular British comedy show from the 80s. Starred by comedy legend Rowan Atkinson. Hugh Laurie also has major role in a later season.
Reply 7
Original post by Zweihander7
I am struggling to find even one ounce of "give a crap"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you never heard of blackadder ?
I would have thought America the Beautiful is public domain.

So who cares?
[video="youtube;G-fYU2JpquQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-fYU2JpquQ[/video]
Reply 10

Spoiler

I see ...
Reply 11
Original post by chazwomaq
I would have thought America the Beautiful is public domain.

So who cares?

yes it is. But using an American made anthem for the theme of a thoroughly british show....? Most people would have thought that the theme was original, not copied.
Who cares? The comedy was what made it good, not the theme tune. So they theme music is similar to another song, Y U mad bro?

I'm also struggling to see the similarity between the two, although that's probably because I got real bored real quick with America The Beautiful and ended up skipping through it at 20 second intervals.
OP has a really strange set of priorities.

I see more resemblance between America the Beautiful and O Canada myself, but then again everyone knows Canada isn't real.
But using an American made anthem for the theme of a thoroughly british show....?

The OP was weird enough, but this?

The "thoroughly british" Jonathan Creek used the thoroughly French Danse Macabre as its theme tune.

The "thoroughly American" Apocalypse Now used the thoroughly German Ride of the Valkyries in a key sequence.

The "thoroughly intergalactic" Star Wars used the thoroughly American John Wiliams' music.

What is the world coming to? :tongue:
Reply 15
Original post by chazwomaq
The OP was weird enough, but this?

The "thoroughly british" Jonathan Creek used the thoroughly French Danse Macabre as its theme tune.

The "thoroughly American" Apocalypse Now used the thoroughly German Ride of the Valkyries in a key sequence.

The "thoroughly intergalactic" Star Wars used the thoroughly American John Wiliams' music.

What is the world coming to? :tongue:

-I don't know what Jonathan Creek is. I'm assuming it's just another one of those generic-ish drama series that are made in every other country around the world. In comparison, Blackadder focuses specifically on British politics over the centuries. The first 3 seasons show the royal family closely and royal politics in a funny way. That's what makes it thoroughly British.

-Not valid comparison. A generic end of world movie uses music most often used in such movies, no not just SUCH movies, almost all movies. Famous classical music pieces VS an anthem, seriously ?

-facepalm.
It's okay mate, the Yanks stole the tune to "God Save The Queen" (he really shouldn't, btw - she's outlived her welcome) for "My Country 'tis of Thee" (their de facto anthem at one point). Get over it and worry about something worth worrying about.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest