The Student Room Group

Work experience

I didn’t really know where to put this thread but yeah…Okay so I am 16 years old and currently in year 10 and I wasinterested in doing some work experience with possibly the police force orsomething like that (I want to study criminology in the future).My school do not offer the chance to take a week or so offschool to do work experience so does anyone know anywhere I could do my workexperience in Leicester?Do the Police Force offer work experience (like on weekendsas I can’t take time out of school) Thank youuuuu:biggrin::smile:
Reply 1
Original post by ella56
I didn’t really know where to put this thread but yeah…Okay so I am 16 years old and currently in year 10 and I wasinterested in doing some work experience with possibly the police force orsomething like that (I want to study criminology in the future).My school do not offer the chance to take a week or so offschool to do work experience so does anyone know anywhere I could do my workexperience in Leicester?Do the Police Force offer work experience (like on weekendsas I can’t take time out of school) Thank youuuuu:biggrin::smile:

Do a week or two in the holidays - they don't really like taking people on for work experience at weekends.
Also - how are you 16 and in year 10?
Reply 2
Original post by 11ahf
Do a week or two in the holidays - they don't really like taking people on for work experience at weekends.
Also - how are you 16 and in year 10?

thank you :smile: I shall have a look
I am repeating year 10 :/
Reply 3
Original post by ella56
thank you :smile: I shall have a look
I am repeating year 10 :/

Just ring round loads of places (though not 999 :wink: ) and ask if they take 16 year olds for work experience! Don't give up if a few say no but literally call as many numbers as possible as so much quicker than emailing. I don't know whether the police do work experience, but good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by 11ahf
Just ring round loads of places (though not 999 :wink: ) and ask if they take 16 year olds for work experience! Don't give up if a few say no but literally call as many numbers as possible as so much quicker than emailing. I don't know whether the police do work experience, but good luck!

thank youuuu so much :biggrin: :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest