The Student Room Group

French/Spanish/German Speaking exam (EDEXCEL CERTIFICATE)

PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Does anyone who take a language (preferably French) use this exam board for GCSE? If so, could you possibly send a picture you used in order to get AT LEAST an A grade for the speaking exam?
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Many thanks
(even if you don't do this exam board, could you by any chance direct me to a good picture - one which shows people doing lots of things to talk about in the exam?)
Original post by H.cool
PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Does anyone who take a language (preferably French) use this exam board for GCSE? If so, could you possibly send a picture you used in order to get AT LEAST an A grade for the speaking exam?
Many thanks
(even if you don't do this exam board, could you by any chance direct me to a good picture - one which shows people doing lots of things to talk about in the exam?)

Hey, I'm pretty sure you can find a good picture just by googling the topic you're talking about - that's what I did. I don't remember what picture I used, but my topic was on holidays, for example, so I just googled a photo of people on a beach.

What's your topic about?
Well, although it frankly doesn't matter that much which picture you choose, provided you say good stuff about it, this was the one I used for Spanish.
Spanish IGCSE Speaking.jpg

The photo for French was very similar, and I got an A* in both. That said, it's probably not the easiest topic to go for.
Original post by H.cool
PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Many thanks

Hello :h:

PM me please, I can help with this :yep: I've passed (with a very nice grade).
Reply 4
Original post by TheOtherSide.
Hey, I'm pretty sure you can find a good picture just by googling the topic you're talking about - that's what I did. I don't remember what picture I used, but my topic was on holidays, for example, so I just googled a photo of people on a beach.

What's your topic about?

To be honest, I haven't chosen one yet. I wanted to first see which section (A, B, C, D or E) had the highest number of questions and then choose a picture based on the section/topic with the highest number of questions.
Did you do edexcel CERTIFICATE too?
Original post by H.cool
To be honest, I haven't chosen one yet. I wanted to first see which section (A, B, C, D or E) had the highest number of questions and then choose a picture based on the section/topic with the highest number of questions.
Did you do edexcel CERTIFICATE too?

Not edexcel certificate, I think. I'm just doing the normal edexcel GCSE full course in French.
Reply 6
Original post by SosbanFach
Well, although it frankly doesn't matter that much which picture you choose, provided you say good stuff about it, this was the one I used for Spanish.
Spanish IGCSE Speaking.jpg

The photo for French was very similar, and I got an A* in both. That said, it's probably not the easiest topic to go for.

SosbanFach, I appreciate your help and yes you are right, but that photo does really have any background, at first glance I can't really talk much about it, there aren't enough people (in my opinion) and it looks as if it is zoomed in quite a bit. Also, I would have some difficultly with learning words like crane. Finally, all I could think of talking about is the Crane, trees, the sky, the ground and 3 people who are a little unclear to see. (sorry if I am being too critical!)
My teacher told us that we should pick a photo that has a reasonable number of people, so that we can talk about their possessions as well as their characteristics (e.g. face, happy/sad, hair colour, etc...) and people doing things like walking, eating, drinking having fun, things like that ( at least 7 actions should be visible). There should be something in the background too. There should be LOTS to talk about in the chosen picture for us.
Any other photos???
Sorry for the long post
REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP
Reply 7
Original post by iEthan
Hello :h:

PM me please, I can help with this :yep: I've passed (with a very nice grade).

I am quite new here, so how do I do it?
Also what grade did you get? Which exam board?
Original post by H.cool
I am quite new here, so how do I do it?
Also what grade did you get? Which exam board?

No problem :yep: I'll DM you instead will all of the details.
Reply 9
What does DM stand for?

(Sorry for asking this stupid question!)
Original post by H.cool
SosbanFach, I appreciate your help and yes you are right, but that photo does really have any background, at first glance I can't really talk much about it, there aren't enough people (in my opinion) and it looks as if it is zoomed in quite a bit. Also, I would have some difficultly with learning words like crane. Finally, all I could think of talking about is the Crane, trees, the sky, the ground and 3 people who are a little unclear to see. (sorry if I am being too critical!)
My teacher told us that we should pick a photo that has a reasonable number of people, so that we can talk about their possessions as well as their characteristics (e.g. face, happy/sad, hair colour, etc...) and people doing things like walking, eating, drinking having fun, things like that ( at least 7 actions should be visible). There should be something in the background too. There should be LOTS to talk about in the chosen picture for us.
Any other photos???
Sorry for the long post
REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP

I would agree that it's not obvious, and wouldn't recommend it unless you have a clear idea of where you're going with it. It's not even clear from looking what it is (the construction of a wind turbine), but it does leave space to explain it. My point was largely that the picture that you choose, provided it meets the main criteria, is not that important. Here, the conversation led into a more general discussion on renewable energy, but you could equally choose a photo of a family holiday or a sports event or people at a shopping centre, provided you have some idea of what you'll say about them.
Reply 11
Ok
I have looked on GOOGLE for HOURS two days ago looking for a suitabel picture to use but couldn't find any. Would you by any chance have one/direct me to one which i can use which has lots to talk about?

Quick Reply

Latest