The Student Room Group

Anybody using/used the madasmaths website?

Trying to maximise my studying and would like to hear from others who have used it for advice.
Original post by thad33
Trying to maximise my studying and would like to hear from others who have used it for advice.

Just do all the questions time allows, and correct if you did them wrong.
Reply 2
Original post by zetamcfc
Just do all the questions time allows, and correct if you did them wrong.

Yes but some of them have like 140+ questions. Plus some of the pdf's are duplicates. Is it worth going through and completing each document or just the I.Y.G.B papers?
Original post by thad33
Yes but some of them have like 140+ questions. Plus some of the pdf's are duplicates. Is it worth going through and completing each document or just the I.Y.G.B papers?

Do the questions you find easy on the normal A-level papers, if you find them ok, try the questions you are not so sure of, then make sure you fully understand the solutions. The only way you will get better is if you practice a lot.
Reply 4
Original post by thad33

If you find the topic easy, practice the the 4/5 star questions, these are usually harder than most exam questions so if you can do them, you should find the actual exam a walk in the park.
Reply 5
Original post by B_9710
If you find the topic easy, practice the the 4/5 star questions, these are usually harder than most exam questions so if you can do them, you should find the actual exam a walk in the park.

I think I'll start with the papers first and whenever I come across a question I can't do I'll go through the topic specific pdf
Original post by thad33

Oh wow thank you for starting this thread! I'd never even heard of this website and its fantastic!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by thatinglesa
Oh wow thank you for starting this thread! I'd never even heard of this website and its fantastic!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's brilliant but with so many questions it's easy to get bogged down and not know where to start. What have you started on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
i use the special papers and the difficult C1-C4 papers from his website. excluding STEP, nothing else can challenge an A-Level Maths student as much as the questions on his website can.
Reply 9
So you don't bother with the other exercises?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thad33
It's brilliant but with so many questions it's easy to get bogged down and not know where to start. What have you started on?

I'm actually doing econ revision atm! I was just browsing through and saw this thread. I'm probably just going to start with some general papers and then go on to the sections that I find the most difficult (also stats because stats hates me).

How about you? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thad33
So you don't bother with the other exercises?

Posted from TSR Mobile

wat i did for C1-C2
textbook exercises -> some edexcel papers -> some solomon papers -> U to Z and some S to T papers on madasmaths.

i am currently doing C3-C4. i haven't done any past papers yet. i was feeling ridiculously confident on friday and attempted a special paper having not done any edexcel past papers.
i recommend you do what i did for C1-C2.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12
I only have one mixed exercise left for edexcel book. I counted 17 past papers so that should take a few days. Then Solomon and I.Y.G.B papers after that, should take me right up until the exam.

Cheers, seems like everyone just does the papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thad33
I only have one mixed exercise left for edexcel book. I counted 17 past papers so that should take a few days. Then Solomon and I.Y.G.B papers after that, should take me right up until the exam.

Cheers, seems like everyone just does the papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

grinding past papers isn't the best strategy for securing an A/A*. did you see all the hitler videos and petitions from the 2015 maths exams? edexcel are making their exams harder. by only completing past papers, you aren't being exposed to the difficult questions that could appear. the majority of the difficult IYGB questions will not appear on edexcel papers but they develop your non-verbal reasoning skills.
Reply 14
Yes which is why I'm going to compliment the past papers with the harder madasmaths questions. Isn't that what you said to do also?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thad33
Yes which is why I'm going to compliment the past papers with the harder madasmaths questions. Isn't that what you said to do also?

Posted from TSR Mobile

that is correct

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending