The Student Room Group

Any good graphic calculators to get?

So my budget is around £50. Do all graphic calculators do pretty much the same thing? I am thinking of getting the fx-9750GII, any better suggestions? :bigsmile:
Reply 1
Original post by verify360
So my budget is around £50. Do all graphic calculators do pretty much the same thing? I am thinking of getting the fx-9750GII, any better suggestions? :bigsmile:

That's a really good calculator and it has a more user friendly interface than the TI ones.
I went through school and uni with one of these. Use it today still, don't really need anything more.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Casio-FX-82ES-Scientific-Calculator/dp/B0009FHRPM

Honestly, if you're going to be doing graphs and stuff, then you should just use a computer. Macs come with a graphing and equation mapping software built-in anyway.
Reply 3
I use a TI-nspire CX, and it's... decent, I suppose. It does the job. It was bloody pricey though, and school standard meant we all had to fork out the money.
Reply 4
Original post by XMaramena
I went through school and uni with one of these. Use it today still, don't really need anything more.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Casio-FX-82ES-Scientific-Calculator/dp/B0009FHRPM

Honestly, if you're going to be doing graphs and stuff, then you should just use a computer. Macs come with a graphing and equation mapping software built-in anyway.

Except I won't have a computer with me in the exam hall ._.
Original post by verify360
Except I won't have a computer with me in the exam hall ._.

Why not? I did..

Wait, which exams are these?
Reply 6
Why not? I did..

Wait, which exams are these?

Probably normal school/university ones.
Original post by Zacken
Probably normal school/university ones.

oh yeah i just used a computer for those.
Reply 8
oh yeah i just used a computer for those.

You're not usually allowed to.
Original post by Zacken
You're not usually allowed to.

You have to pre-authorise it yeah.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest