The Student Room Group

Headstart EDT 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Anyone going to Manchester for Nuclear Physics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by georgia44
I think you should definitely take up your offer because it is a great experience for sampling university life and meeting new people along with the whole academic side.
Mentioning it on your personal statement does make it stand out and I know that most people in my year aiming for STEM subjects at russell group universities did it.

Hi Georgia,

Thanks for your reply.

I got transferred onto the Maths course that I wanted, so I'm really pleased!

I will be taking this up.
Original post by Justabitwearden
Anyone else got an offer for maths at Lancaster?

YES!
Original post by amyl.11
Hey, I'm not doing broad based engineering but I'm going to sussex too for chemistry and drug design. Not sure if they'll be on the same days though?

I'm going there too!
Reply 64
Original post by Sciencegal
I'm going there too!

Woo hahah, are you doing the chemistry course too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amyl.11
Woo hahah, are you doing the chemistry course too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm doing Chemistry and Drug Design too!
Reply 66
I know it's a bit late but I'm wondering if anyone is going to the BBE one at Oxford.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Original post by FredTA
Computer Science and Software Engineering at York! Anyone else going for this one?

Found this thread quite late but I am going to that one!
Reply 68
Original post by RNav
Found this thread quite late but I am going to that one!

Haha cool :tongue: sent you a message :smile:
Hey .... a bit late to this forum but oh well
Is anyone going to the STEM course in Queen Mary's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi know it's late only just found the thread I got my first choice of broad based engineering at Loughborough, anyone else going there it starts the 1st July me thinks? @JamieP_Moore
Original post by Yekaterina1999
Hi! Ive just applied for broad-based at Imperial, Durham, Exeter, Leeds and aeronautical at Coventry, what about you?

Which one did you end up getting? I've just received an offer from Durham and was wondering how it was if anyone on this thread went in previous years?
Reply 72
Original post by fhaignvbl
Which one did you end up getting? I've just received an offer from Durham and was wondering how it was if anyone on this thread went in previous years?

I went to Durham last year for broad based. Had a great time n met loads of cool people!! The guys that are in charge of the course (not academic staff) aren't to be messed with but apart from that you'll have a sick time!!
Original post by Jakewww
I went to Durham last year for broad based. Had a great time n met loads of cool people!! The guys that are in charge of the course (not academic staff) aren't to be messed with but apart from that you'll have a sick time!!

Thats so sick! What would you say you've gained from the experience? I'm super excited!!
Reply 74
Original post by fhaignvbl
Thats so sick! What would you say you've gained from the experience? I'm super excited!!

Great personal statement addition hahah, defo gained a good pre uni experience so I know it's defo for me + as I said a load of friends
Reply 75
what is the headstart exactly? can't figure out from their website
Original post by harrisonchar
Hi, I got a place on a course but it was my fifth choice, really didn't fancy it but had to put it down. It's broad based engineering at Salford University, from reading around it seems like an engineering degree from there isn't that highly regarded so I'm just curious as to what I'm going to gain from this expericence considering the amount I have to pay for it. If anyone else got their fifth choice or went someone not as prestigous as other places I'd be intrested to hear your thoughts
Thank you!

Hi @harrisonchar, what course have you applied for at Salford? We'd be happy to put you in touch with current students/graduates so you can find out about their experiences if that would be helpful.

Thanks, Catherine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending