The Student Room Group

A Level Chem/Bio/Maths - Should I go over GCSE content first or jump straight in?

Its been a while since I studied the 3 subjects. I did get 9s in all 3 of them at GCSE 3 years back but haven't done it since.

Should I go over the spec of GCSE and revise it all before starting the A Level stuff?

Or should I jump straight in as I will remember and be taught everything I need anyway in the A Level content?
Original post by na1050
Its been a while since I studied the 3 subjects. I did get 9s in all 3 of them at GCSE 3 years back but haven't done it since.
Should I go over the spec of GCSE and revise it all before starting the A Level stuff?
Or should I jump straight in as I will remember and be taught everything I need anyway in the A Level content?
I would do a few past papers to brush up the GCSE.

Are you going to be starting A levels now?
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
I would do a few past papers to brush up the GCSE.
Are you going to be starting A levels now?
Yeah plan to start going through the content in the coming weeks to get a headstart.

Just concerned if whether it would be a problem if I start without the gcse knowledge fresh in mind or does it not matter anyway since its entirely different spec and id remember/cover what i need again anyway?
Original post by na1050
Yeah plan to start going through the content in the coming weeks to get a headstart.
Just concerned if whether it would be a problem if I start without the gcse knowledge fresh in mind or does it not matter anyway since its entirely different spec and id remember/cover what i need again anyway?
Your maths skills will be rusty - we set work over the summer after GCSE because we saw this in the past

Quick Reply

Latest