The Student Room Group

What are the top 10 worst things parents could say or do during revision period?

Scroll to see replies

Put it in harder Tom HA HA HHA!
Reply 81
Original post by AmateurRocketman
I don't get much of 7, but I'm certain that exams (OCR maths) from 2008 or thereabouts are easier than 2014 or 15 papers. Not exactly the time period parents are referring to, but still...

Precisely. They were harder back in their time.
'Eric, just how many naked women do you have to look at before you print that damned physics paper?'
Reply 83
Original post by BhagwanNoBhool
Saatya tho :rofl:

:rofl: looool oh and Badtameez Dil :lol: what kind of title is that Lool...

Omg i used to love watching Jyoti and Bandini on Colours :colondollar:

:lol:
Reply 84
"you're adopted"
Original post by ZuluK
:rofl: looool oh and Badtameez Dil :lol: what kind of title is that Lool...

Omg i used to love watching Jyoti and Bandini on Colours :colondollar:

Saatya's the only one I ever end up watching, because my cousin is obsessed with it :rofl:
Whenever we're at my grandma's they're always watching it and discussing it ahahaha
Original post by PaulACP
"you're adopted"

Which one do you think is better, telling a kid that he was adopted at 5 years old or waiting until he is older at 21?
Reply 87
Original post by imaninja
My friends mum calls me a Mini Kokila ~_~

I beg you imitate her :lol:

It should be BhagwanNiBhool because it's a feminine sound, but I don't know how to spell my own name :cry2:

BhagwanNaBhool would imply a collective

Surely, only if Bhagwan's a female :curious:
Original post by nucdev

Surely, only if Bhagwan's a female :curious:

That's what I thought, but my parents disagreed and I someone on TSR bought it up the other day too. I think Bhool might be the reason, but I'm not sure. They're better Gujarati speakers then me so I just believed them lol
Reply 89
That's what I thought, but my parents disagreed and I someone on TSR bought it up the other day too. I think Bhool might be the reason, but I'm not sure. They're better Gujarati speakers then me so I just believed them lol

Damnnnn I just checked it out and yeah it's because the word "Bhool" is feminine :colonhash:

Bugger! :facepalm:
Original post by nucdev
Damnnnn I just checked it out and yeah it's because the word "Bhool" is feminine :colonhash:

Bugger! :facepalm:

It's a misogynistic patriarchal conspiracy :afraid:
Reply 91
It's a misogynistic patriarchal conspiracy :afraid:

:laugh: PRSOM

Just waiting for SJWs to butt in now :rofl:
"Doesn't having that same CD playing over and over again get annoying?" "Don't you have any other music you can listen to?"

Then if I go and get another one they decide they don't like it :facepalm: If you don't like it, either be quiet and put up with it or leave. Just don't talk to me at all, I'm trying to concentrate ffs
Original post by nucdev
:laugh: PRSOM

Just waiting for SJWs to butt in now :rofl:

I wonder how many of them speak Gujarati
Not sure how much it's polluted Indian communities :holmes:
Reply 94
I wonder how many of them speak Gujarati
Not sure how much it's polluted Indian communities :holmes:

LMAO
Naah they'll just see the words '"Bhool" is feminine' plus your reply to it and it'll be enough to set them off.
Original post by nucdev
LMAO
Naah they'll just see the words '"Bhool" is feminine' plus your reply to it and it'll be enough to set them off.

ahahaha "Stop word gender roles!"
Original post by Wired_1800
Yes, they want the best for their offsprings. Hopefully we make them proud. :smile:

Yes, I really do hope so. :smile:
Hands down worst thing:

Me: *revising*
Parent: Child!
Me: *Jogging downstairs to the emergency*. Yes parent?
Parent: How's revision going?
Me: rly nga?

You can often interchange 'How's revision going' with 'pass the remote', 'call your sibling [from upstairs] for me' , or 'here child, they're talking about plants on the TV, will this help you in your biology exams?'

Can't think of anything worse

Posted from TSR Mobile
When they remind you of how many days are left until your exam..... Like I know I have 5 days left til EU law so stop reminding me and making me feel nervous !! :angry:
Original post by SeanFM
My mum emailed my head of year and said 'he does no work at home whatsoever, please speak to him!'.

I then did a bit for a few days and went back to doing nothing. (To be fair, I did a lot of revision on the bus to and from school if I wasn't reading a book).

GCSEs. :moon:

Your signature is amazing! How do I get a pocket penguin???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending