The Student Room Group

Is GCSE hard?

just a question for you guys because yesterday was results day :>
Original post by _lilinx_

personally i dont think so obv there r gonna be subjects ur like naturally much better at so i would say invest ur time on the ones ur not too good in comparison
Original post by _lilinx_

It depends on your work ethic and life circumstances - lets say you are very lazy and have an easy home life then you are almost guaranteed to find them hard as you aren't being pushed or motivated by anything. However lets say that you live in a poor home with a chronically ill parent who's disabled, well then you have motivation and drive to work hard and escape your circumstance as you have no safety net to save you (if you fail then the rice cooker spoon won't be the worst thing to worry about) so you develop a strong work ethic which will alleviate some of the stress which makes the exams difficult enabling you to get higher results. Despite this you don't need tough circumstances to develop a strong work ethic all you have to do is start by setting yourself extra work when you have no homework and quit videogames and distractions during the 2 year period (but not at xmas or holidays as you do need breaks) - I would also advise you to revise for all of the subjects you will be taking during the 6 week holidays on seneca just so your mind remains in learn mode and you have a brief summary of what you'll be learning - and if you do all of that you won't get pummelled by the rice cooker spoon on results day as you wont get a 6 (a B) - remember even if you get 9's, 8's , 7's in your GCSE's if you get just one 6 (B) you will face the rice cooker spoon's wrath
Reply 3
Original post by WILLIAM_STROUD
It depends on your work ethic and life circumstances - lets say you are very lazy and have an easy home life then you are almost guaranteed to find them hard as you aren't being pushed or motivated by anything. However lets say that you live in a poor home with a chronically ill parent who's disabled, well then you have motivation and drive to work hard and escape your circumstance as you have no safety net to save you (if you fail then the rice cooker spoon won't be the worst thing to worry about) so you develop a strong work ethic which will alleviate some of the stress which makes the exams difficult enabling you to get higher results. Despite this you don't need tough circumstances to develop a strong work ethic all you have to do is start by setting yourself extra work when you have no homework and quit videogames and distractions during the 2 year period (but not at xmas or holidays as you do need breaks) - I would also advise you to revise for all of the subjects you will be taking during the 6 week holidays on seneca just so your mind remains in learn mode and you have a brief summary of what you'll be learning - and if you do all of that you won't get pummelled by the rice cooker spoon on results day as you wont get a 6 (a B) - remember even if you get 9's, 8's , 7's in your GCSE's if you get just one 6 (B) you will face the rice cooker spoon's wrath

Ahh! Thank you! I'm just revising all the seneca tasks! :smile: Thanks so much for the advice! Although I do struggle with anxiety and depression, I'll try my best to stay motivated!
Reply 4
Original post by anonymous.2003
personally i dont think so obv there r gonna be subjects ur like naturally much better at so i would say invest ur time on the ones ur not too good in comparison

Yeah, thank you. I wanted to try my best in my GCSE anyways.

Quick Reply

Latest