The Student Room Group

Aqa religious studies gcse exam citizenship on 16th may

i have the citizenship exam on the 16th of may
i just wanted to know how everyone is revising, if there's any good websites, how you do exam papers, your question structure and things like that
I have mine Monday too. For the essay questions I have made mind maps of all the individual topics e.g. multicultrualism with examples, positives, negatives, concepts, points of view and case studies all included. Pretty much all the things you need to get 12 marks. If you learn everything on there then you'll ace the 12 markers. For the 1 mark defiintions I have written them all on revision cards and got people to test me. The best way to learn them is to just keep getting tested. You could have a go at some past papers but try the earlier papers like 2012 as my teacher said AQA mostly recycle questions to use on new papers and as 2012 was four years ago it's most likely the questions will be similar. You will have to try and find the paper online though as AQA have taken them off other than 2015-2013. Hope this helps and good luck!
hey, i have mine on Monday too, so tomorrow. to answer 12 mark questions we were given the PEEE method:
Point: Either for or against the statement
Explanation: Expand on your argument
Evidence: Give stattistics or fats about your point
Evaluation: Give a counter view but then link it with your original point back to the question

Hope it helps, good luck!:smile:
Reply 3
Mines also tomorrow, how much revision have you done for it?
Thanks i have barely done any revision and now im scared :/
Reply 5
Original post by mint.skyscrapers
Thanks i have barely done any revision and now im scared :/

I did an hour today :s-smilie: You should be fine because most of it is common sense :smile:
Original post by lukejf
I did an hour today :s-smilie: You should be fine because most of it is common sense :smile:

Revising right now for that exam, which units will you be answering in the exam? :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by yasmeenak
Revising right now for that exam, which units will you be answering in the exam? :smile:

For Citizenship or RE? :smile:
Original post by lukejf
For Citizenship or RE? :smile:

I thought they were the same thing ha-ha! Religion and Citizenship? I'm taking that exam tomorrow :smile:
Reply 9
I thought they were the same thing ha-ha! Religion and Citizenship? I'm taking that exam tomorrow :smile:

Oh :redface: For me they are separate GCSE's :smile:
Original post by lukejf
Oh :redface: For me they are separate GCSE's :smile:

Ah no way! Maybe I've got myself mixed up, are you taking the exam tomorrow that includes relationships, sports & leisure, mutlicultural society & work?
Reply 11
Ha-ha for my citizenship exam, its on identity, democracy and justice and for my RE exam its on Mark's gospel :smile: What exam board do you have? :smile:
Original post by lukejf
Ha-ha for my citizenship exam, its on identity, democracy and justice and for my RE exam its on Mark's gospel :smile: What exam board do you have? :smile:

Oh I see! yes, totally different from mine, I'm on the AQA Board. I wish you all the best of luck for tomorrow, I'm sure you'll smash it :smile:
Original post by Looeyloo20000
I have mine Monday too. For the essay questions I have made mind maps of all the individual topics e.g. multicultrualism with examples, positives, negatives, concepts, points of view and case studies all included. Pretty much all the things you need to get 12 marks. If you learn everything on there then you'll ace the 12 markers. For the 1 mark defiintions I have written them all on revision cards and got people to test me. The best way to learn them is to just keep getting tested. You could have a go at some past papers but try the earlier papers like 2012 as my teacher said AQA mostly recycle questions to use on new papers and as 2012 was four years ago it's most likely the questions will be similar. You will have to try and find the paper online though as AQA have taken them off other than 2015-2013. Hope this helps and good luck!

Good Luck! I'm taking the same one as you :smile:
Reply 14
Oh I see! yes, totally different from mine, I'm on the AQA Board. I wish you all the best of luck for tomorrow, I'm sure you'll smash it :smile:

My RE is on AQA and my Citizenship is OCR :smile: Thank you so much! Good luck in your exam, you'll do great! :biggrin:
Good Luck! I'm taking the same one as you :smile:

What essay topic are you going to do?

Quick Reply

Latest