The Student Room Group

19th May 2016 - OCR 21st Century Science C1 C2 C3 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ella_08
Really good answer. I also said they need to look at transport. I said that the eco shoes were more biodegradable and were made from biofuels, again I just made this up and I'm not 100% sure that it will be in the mark scheme. I noted the obvious things too. Lol our invigilators always make me laugh

Didn't think of biodegradeable! I said something about less rubber needing to be made and harvested since they were using recycled tyres.

My invigilator started moving my stationery around on my desk while I was trying to answer the shoes question so I wasn't very pleased!
Original post by emmald583
Same here, I had visions of alkalis coming up so these were a relief (:

Same, i almost cried with happiness :giggle:
Original post by Ella_08
hydrocarbon

Sh*t I put molecule and I didn't get the last standard form question!!!!!
Original post by Ella_08
Same, i almost cried with happiness :giggle:

I assume you put Matt's plan was better in the C2 6 mark?!
Didn't think of biodegradeable! I said something about less rubber needing to be made and harvested since they were using recycled tyres.

My invigilator started moving my stationery around on my desk while I was trying to answer the shoes question so I wasn't very pleased!

I didn't think of the point you said, seems like you performed great on the 6markers :wink: Uh that must have been soo frustrating. They were talking loudly at the front and i couldn't concentrate for like 30 seconds (not too bad) and then i had to ask for more paper which was awkward

They also talked through the French listening and distracted my friend, which was pretty unacceptable imo.
I assume you put Matt's plan was better in the C2 6 mark?!

yup (: basically i said he had more precise data bc he used a ruler, it was more repeatable, he could look for outliers, other things wouldn't affect results but i said non of them used peer review. I rambled so much on that question. I don't think i made it clear enough matt was better, it was kinda hidden. What did you say?
Original post by BULL14
Sh*t I put molecule and I didn't get the last standard form question!!!!!

Dw it's only a mark. And i think i got the maths right but i forgot to put the x10 in at the end which is annoying

They also talked through the French listening and distracted my friend, which was pretty unacceptable imo.

No prob :smile: That is insane omg how can u do a listening in that environment
What did you all out for the question on the last page where you had to fill out the table about chlorine?
Original post by Ella_08
yup (: basically i said he had more precise data bc he used a ruler, it was more repeatable, he could look for outliers, other things wouldn't affect results but i said non of them used peer review. I rambled so much on that question. I don't think i made it clear enough matt was better, it was kinda hidden. What did you say?

I said more precise because rulers were same length, always held in the same position due to use of stand, more accurate because he tied a mass to the ruler rather than trying to apply the force himself, which would be impossible to measure and could result in human error. Also said it was better than the first one because the human carrying out the experiment in that instance was a variable that needed to be controlled, so getting someone else to repeat that measurement wouldn't have been great as they might have held the rulers differently.

I think if you made more positive points for Matt than you did for the others, they'll probably take that to mean you thought his was the best :smile:
What did people say about why did the ethene react ( or something like that) it was a 1marker and near the front
Original post by Ella_08
What did people say about why did the ethene react ( or something like that) it was a 1marker and near the front

If you mean the one about why they burned ethyne in oxygen, I said that air only has 21% oxygen and it would therefore burn much hotter in pure oxygen, which is useful in a welding torch.
I said more precise because rulers were same length, always held in the same position due to use of stand, more accurate because he tied a mass to the ruler rather than trying to apply the force himself, which would be impossible to measure and could result in human error. Also said it was better than the first one because the human carrying out the experiment in that instance was a variable that needed to be controlled, so getting someone else to repeat that measurement wouldn't have been great as they might have held the rulers differently.

I think if you made more positive points for Matt than you did for the others, they'll probably take that to mean you thought his was the best :smile:

gr8! I like the human error point u made. I mentioned accuracy and reliability as there were like 7 repeats or something and that he could make a mean. I talked about control variables too. well I talked about the disadvantages of the others (like the others aren't repeatable) and they were done by a different person each time, the force would be different and THEN i talked about advantages of Matt. Hope that's ok!! :redface:
Reply 114
I put that pure oxygen was used because there is a faster rate of reaction
If you mean the one about why they burned ethyne in oxygen, I said that air only has 21% oxygen and it would therefore burn much hotter in pure oxygen, which is useful in a welding torch.

Ooh right, I get it now!! I had no clue whatsoever so i wrote alkali hahaha idk why
Original post by Ella_08

I put that it burns in oxygen as it can burn more rapidly, and so reach higher temperatures.
Original post by ry_s99
I put that pure oxygen was used because there is a faster rate of reaction

Makes sense :yy:

i put to fully combust the air contains other compounds and may result in incomplete combustion
Original post by Ella_08
gr8! I like the human error point u made. I mentioned accuracy and reliability as there were like 7 repeats or something and that he could make a mean. I talked about control variables too. well I talked about the disadvantages of the others (like the others aren't repeatable) and they were done by a different person each time, the force would be different and THEN i talked about advantages of Matt. Hope that's ok!! :redface:

That'll be fine :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest