The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Physical Education - Unit 1: Theory - Friday 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Ugh it's today!
I hate PE, everyone at my school had to take PE or dance so I'm not too fussed about what grade I get.. still though, I'm dreading those 6 markers

Posted from TSR Mobile
I literally did no revision and I'm regretting it now...oh god. good luck everyone
Reply 62
Original post by bethanyjx
I literally did no revision and I'm regretting it now...oh god. good luck everyone

Just go over stuff today before the exam. You've got until the afternoon. Are you in lessons or do you have study leave?
Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by etthhtt
Hi, whats your practical mark? this is 60% of the GCSE. Other than that make sure you learn your 6 mark question structure, as this is where most people loose their marks (national average is 2/6).
Also revise methods of training, and components of fitness (HRC and SFC) as they always come up. Check the Edexcel website for past papers and mark them

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by etthhtt
Hi, whats your practical mark? this is 60% of the GCSE. Other than that make sure you learn your 6 mark question structure, as this is where most people loose their marks (national average is 2/6).
Also revise methods of training, and components of fitness (HRC and SFC) as they always come up. Check the Edexcel website for past papers and mark them

I managed to get full marks on my practical

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I have the pe exam this afternoon. I have a structure that my teacher has given me for the 6 markers. Could you say what structure you have been taught so I can see if they are similar
I have 47/50 what grade is that and around how many marks do I need to get a B or a C?
Reply 67
51 is a C if you do edexcel pe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
The grade boundaries have become quite high.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by H.l_xoxx
51 is a C if you do edexcel pe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

is that including the 47/50 or is that just on the exam paper??
Reply 70
Did anyone else think there was absolute gifts of questions on that paper?!!
Reply 71
Original post by JlewisM
Edexcel GCSE Unit 1: The Theory of Physical Education

How is everyone doing? If anybody needs help, feel free to post. Discuss anything related to the exam and share ideas in this thread.

Course
60% Controlled Assessment
40% Theory Paper

Every year this paper seems to get progressively harder as it heads towards the new GCSEs.

Good Luck in the test and in revision!

did the test today, how did everyone find it? I did edexcel btw
Paper done, anyone able to get an unofficial mark scheme together? Willing to help if you need it, just want to work out roughly how much I have got in the paper
What did poeple write about for the two final 6 markers and also the question about reaction time during the 800m, i think I've lost some marks on those questions
Reply 74
Paper was calm tbh
Original post by Ads.m
Paper was calm tbh

What did you put for the last 6 mark question?
Reply 76
Yeh,it actually wasnt that bad. Think i did alright

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cookies15
What did you put for the last 6 mark question?

I wrote a load of bs if I'm honest. Just about Anatagonistic muscle pairs, hinge joints / flexion and extension and so on.
Thought that was a gift of a paper!
Got 50/50 on practical so my teacher said i would only need around 50-55 out of 80 for an A* overall and in past papers i usually get around 68. :smile:

For the last 6 marker i just put about what the muscular system is, what the skeletal system is, how the ligaments/tendons/muscles attach to bone, flexion to extension, antagonistic pairs, and the muscles and bones involved...hopefully thats all the shebang needed!

What on earth did people put for 'Why does a cyclist need a bike? (3 marks)'
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 79
Original post by bethanyjx
I wrote a load of bs if I'm honest. Just about Anatagonistic muscle pairs, hinge joints / flexion and extension and so on.

Yeah I wrote this aswell

Quick Reply

Latest