The Student Room Group

How does Priestly present Sheila Birling in An Inspecotr Calls?

I know this is really annoying and stuff, but my teacher put me on foundation even though I'm so used to being on higher, and she didn't explain the difference or how I should answer a foundation question. So is it ok if someone posted an intro and 1 paragraph so I can use it like a template? Even if it's a paragraph without the intro that would be perfect :smile:
Original post by animeamanda1412
I know this is really annoying and stuff, but my teacher put me on foundation even though I'm so used to being on higher, and she didn't explain the difference or how I should answer a foundation question. So is it ok if someone posted an intro and 1 paragraph so I can use it like a template? Even if it's a paragraph without the intro that would be perfect :smile:

Model answer · Write 1-2 pages.· Every paragraph answered the question.· Used lots of quotes to prove opinions.· Explain this quote means (D/E)· Analyse this quote shows (C)· Analyse effect of punctuation· Analyse effect of language devices· Related the novel to 1930’s America for OMAM / (‘Inspector’ 1912)· ‘Inspector’ analyse stage directions / props· Author’s viewpoint / message Gerald is presented as a man who is unwilling to learn from his mistakes. He shows the audience, at the end of the play, that he feels no regret for his actions, “he bluffs us into confessing that we’ve all been mixed up in this girl’s life.” By calling Eva Smith “this girl” it shows me that he has no feelings towards her; he lacks respect by not calling her by her name. When the play was set, people were looked down on, if they were a lower class this explains Gerald’s lack of respect. Priestley seems to be using Gerald to teach his audience to be more compassionate to people of all classes. Gerald is presented as a man with low morals.

this i what out teacher gave us
the steps is how we should answer the questions to secure the marks
hope it helps
:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Sabhani2000
Model answer
Gerald is presented as a man who is unwilling to learn from his mistakes. He shows the audience, at the end of the play, that he feels no regret for his actions, “he bluffs us into confessing that we’ve all been mixed up in this girl’s life.” By calling Eva Smith “this girl” it shows me that he has no feelings towards her; he lacks respect by not calling her by her name. When the play was set, people were looked down on, if they were a lower class this explains Gerald’s lack of respect. Priestley seems to be using Gerald to teach his audience to be more compassionate to people of all classes. Gerald is presented as a man with low morals.

this i what out teacher gave us
the steps is how we should answer the questions to secure the marks
hope it helps
:smile:

thanks so much!
the pic didn't come up btw lol
image002.png
thanks so much!
the pic didn't come up btw lol

let me know if u can see the pic