The Student Room Group

Geography Edexcel Unit 2 Paper - How did it go?

How did everyone find the exam. I was unable to get to the last question.

Scroll to see replies

I found it really hard I didn't finish it either I rushed everything :/
Reply 2
I didn't like that paper at all. There's not enough time either :frown: I rushed everything too
Which topics did you do?
Thought the entire paper was awful I did coasts and rebranding literally the only case studies I didn't know very well came up (so I just made them up+stats?!) and the fw&r question was on results and conclusions..a little part of me died inside at that point
Reply 4
I did crowded coasts and rebranding too. I didn't finish the last question cuz of time while other girls in my class said they rushed the 15 marker to get to the last one. The results and conclusion question was a killer.
Reply 5
I had no clue about the first question of crowded coasts about factors effecting flooding cause we'd only done erosion but other than that I liked the questions but the timing was so rushed!
I did coasts and rebranding, found the whole exam so rushed and barely showed off what i really knew, so i don't think i have done that well. I answered everything except the last question i wrote about page and it was so rushed, i doubt it made sense. Also I didn't have to time to read back through my answers so i am pretty sure not much of it would have made sense.
Reply 7
Did extreme weather and rebranding, I didn't even read half the questions properly due to rushing, messed up the 2nd extreme weather 10 marker completely
Original post by ARYH99
Did extreme weather and rebranding, I didn't even read half the questions properly due to rushing, messed up the 2nd extreme weather 10 marker completely

What did you write for the extreme weathe 10 marker? I feel like I've messed it up aswell :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by Ilovepugs
What did you write for the extreme weathe 10 marker? I feel like I've messed it up aswell :frown:

Ahaha I gave wayy more than 2 strategies because I thought the question asked me to give management techniques for 2 weather events, as opposed to 2 strategies, probs lost all 10 marks
Original post by ARYH99
Ahaha I gave wayy more than 2 strategies because I thought the question asked me to give management techniques for 2 weather events, as opposed to 2 strategies, probs lost all 10 marks

You wouldn't of lost all 10 marks! As long as you answered the question set even if you did use more than 2. I used 2 strategies but on for drought and one for flooding and now I'm worried we was only supposed to do one weather event, also I talked about disadvantages of them aswell which I wasn't sure I was supposed to do
Reply 11
I did one on drought and one on flooding as well 😅 Hopefully we got it right!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
Can anyone remember what the question said for the London question in rebranding? Was is something like 'give reasons for Stratfords income levels' ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Loo123
Can anyone remember what the question said for the London question in rebranding? Was is something like 'give reasons for Stratfords income levels' ?

It was something like that, all you had to do was talk about the unused warehouses, olympics and legacy shopping centre
Reply 14
Ah yeah thats cool then😊
Original post by TripM
I did one on drought and one on flooding as well 😅 Hopefully we got it right!

Hopefully! I didn't talk about many impacts though so I don't think I've done very well. What did you write for the first question on weather? I didn't know what to put
Reply 16
You wouldn't of lost all 10 marks! As long as you answered the question set even if you did use more than 2. I used 2 strategies but on for drought and one for flooding and now I'm worried we was only supposed to do one weather event, also I talked about disadvantages of them aswell which I wasn't sure I was supposed to do

Ahh I gave management techniques for floods and droughts too, and gave case studies of Boscastle and the Sahel so we're on the same boat
Reply 17
Hopefully! I didn't talk about many impacts though so I don't think I've done very well. What did you write for the first question on weather? I didn't know what to put

I wasn't really sure either. I can't remember very well but I know I did one para on coastal areas and another on urban areas and population density. You?
Original post by TripM
I wasn't really sure either. I can't remember very well but I know I did one para on coastal areas and another on urban areas and population density. You?

Yeah I said about urban areas having a higher population density than rural areas and due to urban areas having impermeable surfaces, then I said about coastal areas being impacted by stronger winds and storm surges and then something else about low lying areas
Reply 19
Will i get away with writing about Cornwall for an Urban question? Because some parts of Cornwall are urban

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending