The Student Room Group

Official OCR Physics A G481 24th May June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LukeJonno
Suffocation or Pressure seems like good answers, i put suffocation but could be either

could you say it stops the passenger suddenly, therefore large force and could cause injury?
Reply 81
Original post by Agent47_
I thought it went well. Did anyone get approximately 23mm for the penultimate question?

yes, rushed it but yea. i gave it to 3s.f. 23.3 (23.25 or something)
Original post by cookie_raider01
could you say it stops the passenger suddenly, therefore large force and could cause injury?

Not sure, the area is going to slow them down, i just thought as it was a 1 marker it would be a short simple response. Im sure they will allow all of those answers
Reply 83
What mark do u think will be an A and the 100% ums cut off ?
Original post by Daribig
What mark do u think will be an A and the 100% ums cut off ?

57-58 depending if they take into account last years grade data to set grade boundaries or just retakes
A- 44/45
B- 38
C-32
D- 25/26

Full UMS around 55 or 56

Agree?
I don't think suffocation would be right, I said would bounce back with a large force, anyone else get 90m for stopping distance? x is directly proportional to stopping distance squared
Original post by Magicalgeofray
I don't think suffocation would be right, I said would bounce back with a large force, anyone else get 90m for stopping distance? x is directly proportional to stopping distance squared

could you say that because it doesn't have holes, the pressure would be large. Therefore it will bring the passenger to a sudden stop which could cause injury?
Quite easy.

Some of the stuff I got that I can remember: could be incorrect

1.)Blood accelerates at 0.149
2.) Drag affected by speed and temperature and Drag was 545N
3.) Cars jumped over was 23.3333 so 23
4.) forces X and Y were equal but Not opposite so not a couple.
When the cyclist leans forward, perpendicular distances increased, moment is same so force on X decreases.
5.) stopping distance was 90m
6.) -same force caused half the extension so in parallel the value of k is twice. k=f/x
-Load masses till strip fractures, force = number of masses * 0.1 * 9.81. Measure height with micrometer. CS Area = height * width. Stress = Force/area
7.) extension was 23.3mm
Resultant force upwards means tension increased so due to x = F/k where Force constant is same the extension increases.

Thought it was much easier than last year.
Maybe 46 for A
51 for 90%
And 56 for 100%. Idk

I needed to claw back ums because I got a low b last year on this
(edited 7 years ago)
I got the same answers as most on here. Seems GB will be high this year lool.
Reply 90
Airbag question:
If it did not have holes then the airbag would end up exerting a force on the driver/passenger, causing backwards force which could injure passenger.

I ended up spacing out a lot cuz there were a lot of 1 and 2 markers so i wasted my time

managed to go through the paper, panicked because of spacing out ending up skipping the easiest marks.

on the bright side, i had a high B for unit 1 last year (solid As for unit 2 and practs) and averaged out 246UMS for an A. and they take the better score anyways, even if i could up my UMS by a few points it does make getting an A or A* much easier (im a genius with g484 and g485 :P)

expecting a high score for grade boundary for A though.
high grade boundaries :mad::mad::mad:
Original post by cookie_raider01
could you say that because it doesn't have holes, the pressure would be large. Therefore it will bring the passenger to a sudden stop which could cause injury?

That sounds like a good answer to me :smile:
Damn, I didn't think of dividing 90 by 4 for the extension question, hopefully I'll only lose 1 mark for that.

Did anyone else say the extension would increase for the very last question?
the highest A has ever been is about 48 out of 60
Even if it is this high, A seems possible
Original post by Magicalgeofray
That sounds like a good answer to me :smile:

cheers
Reply 96
Original post by Siddhart1998
Quite easy.

When the cyclist leans forward, perpendicular distances increased, moment is same so force on X decreases.
6.) -same force caused half the extension so in parallel the value of k is twice. k=f/x
-Load masses till strip fractures, force = number of masses * 0.1 * 9.81. Measure height with micrometer. CS Area = height * width. Stress = Force/area
7.) extension was 23.3mm
Resultant force upwards means tension increased so due to x = F/k where Force constant is same the extension doubles.

Maybe 46 for A
51 for 90%
And 56 for 100%. Idk

very last question, you cannot arrive at the conclusion that it doubles, though you could say that the cables would extend.
Original post by Siddhart1998
Quite easy.

7.) extension was 23.3mm
Resultant force upwards means tension increased so due to x = F/k where Force constant is same the extension doubles.

Maybe 46 for A
51 for 90%
And 56 for 100%. Idk

Thanks but Micrometer would be used for thickness rather than height ?
Original post by ludd-sama
Damn, I didn't think of dividing 90 by 4 for the extension question, hopefully I'll only lose 1 mark for that.

Did anyone else say the extension would increase for the very last question?

I did exactly the same :frown: I got 93 mm because I stupidly multiplied all the other values by 4 and not divided the weight by 4. To be honest I wasn't sure what to do for that question so I am hoping I get 2 marks. 1 for converting m to mm and 1 for rearranging the equation??
Original post by sammylad
What did people put for why do airbags have holes in?

The holes make the airbag deflate almost instantly so the drivers head doesn't bounce back.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending