The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Physics Paper 1 Higher Tier Triple 1PH0 1H - 25th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your Edexcel GCSE Physics Paper 1 Higher Tier triple exam go?

Edexcel GCSE Physics Paper 1 Higher Tier Triple 1PH0 1H - 25th May 2023 [Exam Chat]
Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 25th May 2023
Length: 1hr 45 mins

Resources
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/sciences-2016.html#%2Ftab-Physics
(edited 11 months ago)
Did any of you know what the "resting height" question was about - I can't find any mention of it in the spec
Thanks in advance
Reply 2
Original post by PhysicalFission
Did any of you know what the "resting height" question was about - I can't find any mention of it in the spec
Thanks in advance

pretty sure you used the 2ax one from the formula book
Reply 3
Original post by PhysicalFission
Thanks in advance

i knew it was v^2-u^2 = 2ax but i had no clue what the value for a could be but i saw someone say it was acceleration due to gravity so 10 or 9.81 which makes sense since it is falling but i didn't clock that
Reply 4
did anyone get the question about dropping the stone until it reach 17m/s? that's the only question i didn't get in the exam, thanks
Original post by jasper0619
did anyone get the question about dropping the stone until it reach 17m/s? that's the only question i didn't get in the exam, thanks

use v^2-u^2=2ax
289/20=x
x=14.45
Reply 6
I did (1/2 x v^2)/10(which is g) and got the same answer of 14.45

so is that okay
Reply 7
Original post by TheKnightmare24
use v^2-u^2=2ax
289/20=x
x=14.45

where did you get the value of acceleration?
Original post by jasper0619
where did you get the value of acceleration?

acceleration due to gravity is 10m/s^2
ugh i used distance = speed x time and a=(v2-u2)/t
What was the 1 marker for the value of acceleration?
Original post by Strive4greatness
What was the 1 marker for the value of acceleration?

10m/s^2
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymouse75
10m/s^2

was it not zero? it asked what is the acceleration for an object moving at constant velocity and constant velocity means no acceleration, no?
Original post by loik24
was it not zero? it asked what is the acceleration for an object moving at constant velocity and constant velocity means no acceleration, no?

Yeah I got 0
Original post by loik24

Well **** then ig 😭
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymouse75
Well **** then ig 😭

idk we could both be wrong lmaoo
Original post by Talkative Toad
Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 25th May 2023
Length: 1hr 45 mins

Resources
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/sciences-2016.html#%2Ftab-Physics

Hey does anyone remember any questions from this paper . Such as six markers ?
Original post by scar-the-queen
Yeah I got 0

Do you remember the six markers?

Latest

Trending

Trending