The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Mathematics June 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Spinal tap
how many marks was the spheres question?

5 I think. If you messed up the bounds you will probably get error carried forward marks since the mark scheme for this question will probably be split in bands but Edexcel aren't very kind in that sense.
well that sucked
Original post by Pooh monk
63 degrees - 48+15

I think so. Was the theorems used the fact that two radiuses create an isosceles, angle at the center is twice the circumference and the opposite angles in a cyclic quadralateral ?
how was the maths exam guys, I missed out few questions
Original post by Pooh monk
5 I think. If you messed up the bounds you will probably get error carried forward marks since the mark scheme for this question will probably be split in bands but Edexcel aren't very kind in that sense.

I got upper and lower bands right and converted cm to mm but I forgot to cube it. How many marks off do you think that would be?
Original post by fatimah9
how was the maths exam guys, I missed out few questions

I thought it was OK. :smile:
Hopefully grade boundaries will be lower this year as it was tougher than the January paper half way through the paper.

There is an unofficial mark scheme in progress.
for the sphere question, all my working was completely correct but I forgot to convert the radius of the sphere from millimetres... how many marks will that cost me?
Original post by DJShaji
I remember it being tan inverse of 8/ root 314 giving answer of 24 or something like that :/

I got that as well
Original post by M12345678
for the sphere question, all my working was completely correct but I forgot to convert the radius of the sphere from millimetres... how many marks will that cost me?

Dude idk I just realized I ****ed up the rounding on the first one so who knows?
If for the sphere question, I didn't put anything about bounds, but I calculated the volume and divided it by the number of spheres, i.e I did 91.125/0.036pi, how many marks would I get?
Original post by memequeen69
If for the sphere question, I didn't put anything about bounds, but I calculated the volume and divided it by the number of spheres, i.e I did 91.125/0.036pi, how many marks would I get?

Possibly 2
Original post by Milena1810
I think so. Was the theorems used the fact that two radiuses create an isosceles, angle at the center is twice the circumference and the opposite angles in a cyclic quadralateral ?

Yeah it was exactly that
Ooh great another 4 marks bagged ! Thanks
I got 2/7 for the probability question; if I forgot the combinations of 2,2,2 how many marks will I get?
I got 2/7 for the probability question; if I forgot the combinations of 2,2,2 how many marks will I get?

Maybe 3?

One or two max I'm afraid, these are the likely mark allocations

M1 for correct calculation of 'one' combination of 1+2+3
M1 for correct calculation of 'one' combination of 2+2+2
M1 for correct number of times each probability is timesed by
M1 for correct addition
A1 for evaluation
Original post by aaljhfgahsj
One or two max I'm afraid, these are the likely mark allocations

M1 for correct calculation of 'one' combination of 1+2+3
M1 for correct calculation of 'one' combination of 2+2+2
M1 for correct number of times each probability is timesed by
M1 for correct addition