The Student Room Group

Swiss town elects to pay £200,000 fine rather than accept any migrants

The town,Oberwil-Lieli, has around 2,000 residents and somewhere around 300 are millionaires, they voted 48% to 52% against allowing any migrants in, stating that the town is relatively crime free and wanting to keep it that way.

Basically, the town is white and they aren't letting in the colored people. I give it a a few months, if even, before this is overturned somehow.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3610761/Inside-village-Europe-migrants-BANNED-Switzerland-s-super-rich-Oberwil-Lieli-millionaires-won-t-accept-asylum-seekers-voted-pay-200-000-fine-instead.html
I think the fact that they are all quite well off financially and live in an enclosed community contributes to the low crime rate, i very much doubt its to do with their skin colour, but hey what do i know?
Reply 2
If I was a millionaire I would have no problem dealing with the "problem",
Reply 3
Areas that are flooded with migrants face household economic decline, increased poverty, loss of culture, decreased living standards from littering to crime to anti social behaviour, a fall in community spirit… I hate to sound anti immigration but it's true. A lot of migrants move but refuse to adapt, not all but most. I'm pro immigration but I think the numbers need to be cut and I think more needs to be done to integrate them into society such as having local meetings and organisations that will teach them community standards and get them in touch with their community members
Original post by HanSoloLuck
The town,Oberwil-Lieli, has around 2,000 residents and somewhere around 300 are millionaires, they voted 48% to 52% against allowing any migrants in, stating that the town is relatively crime free and wanting to keep it that way.

Basically, the town is white and they aren't letting in the colored people. I give it a a few months, if even, before this is overturned somehow.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3610761/Inside-village-Europe-migrants-BANNED-Switzerland-s-super-rich-Oberwil-Lieli-millionaires-won-t-accept-asylum-seekers-voted-pay-200-000-fine-instead.html

They could all chip in and build a wall :smile:
How noble(!)
Reply 6

Dont think racism is really the key factor at play here.

I think after Cologne & countless other recent incidents like it, no places in Europe really want to accept refugees / foreigners.
Reply 7
Original post by zayn008
Areas that are flooded with migrants face household economic decline, increased poverty, loss of culture, decreased living standards from littering to crime to anti social behaviour, a fall in community spirit… I hate to sound anti immigration but it's true. A lot of migrants move but refuse to adapt, not all but most. I'm pro immigration but I think the numbers need to be cut and I think more needs to be done to integrate them into society such as having local meetings and organisations that will teach them community standards and get them in touch with their community members

To be frank its ridiculous Germany needs to have classes to teach its "refugees" how to talk to women (as opposed to harassing them and raping them as they think is normal).
Reply 8

I think it's more of a class issue than racial or ignorant one. I think they would accept migrants of their class and ideals rather than ones they think are beneath them or show non civil behavior.
Reply 9
Original post by JohnGreek
It's probably going to be cheaper for them in the long run, depending on how many refugees they were planning to host.

10, lol.
I really hate how white guilt is being exploited to push this trojan horse where it clearly isn't wanted. I'm sure they wouldn't mind taking in Hindus, Sikhs or Buddhists. Let's not beat around the bush shall we?
Original post by Jebedee
I really hate how white guilt is being exploited to push this trojan horse where it clearly isn't wanted. I'm sure they wouldn't mind taking in Hindus, Sikhs or Buddhists. Let's not beat around the bush shall we?

The notion that white people and white communities must have people of colour forced on them to cleanse the white man of his original sin of racism (doing better than other races in history) is about as racist a notion as it gets brought to you by the far over reaching left.
(edited 7 years ago)
10, lol.

If the stats from Germany were anything to go by, only 3 or 4 would have even been Syrian.............
If we had more people like Donald Trump to build walls then people wouldn't have to have such demands put on them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
As is their right.
I don't blame them tbh.
Perfectly fine. If they wnat a change then they cna consider altering the scale of fines according to ability to pay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending