The Student Room Group

Tuition fee

I study Business marketing year 2 at Coventry university .

For the past few months I have been having trouble with my student finance and as such I am yet to pay my tuition fee of which I applied for through Students Loan company. I’m also struggling with unemployment since I applied as a migrant worker I have been trying to get a job so that I can prove that I’m working part time but to no avail . After a while I was able to get job to prove that I’m working part time however the slc are still asking me for more evidence. It’s getting very frustrating and depressing for me as Ive been going back and forth with them for too long a whole year to be exact. What is going to happen next ? As I haven’t been contacted by the university regarding my fee and the future of the course I am studying. I haven’t been told wether I will be removed from my course or if I’m going to be withdrawn from the university and it is making me very anxious. Also if I decided to drop out what will happen and how will it affect me ?
Please help 🙏🏾

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Angela Bediako
I study Business marketing year 2 at Coventry university .
For the past few months I have been having trouble with my student finance and as such I am yet to pay my tuition fee of which I applied for through Students Loan company. I’m also struggling with unemployment since I applied as a migrant worker I have been trying to get a job so that I can prove that I’m working part time but to no avail . After a while I was able to get job to prove that I’m working part time however the slc are still asking me for more evidence. It’s getting very frustrating and depressing for me as Ive been going back and forth with them for too long a whole year to be exact. What is going to happen next ? As I haven’t been contacted by the university regarding my fee and the future of the course I am studying. I haven’t been told wether I will be removed from my course or if I’m going to be withdrawn from the university and it is making me very anxious. Also if I decided to drop out what will happen and how will it affect me ?
Please help 🙏🏾

Hi Angela. I understand, just to get a few more details, when did you last submit evidence? Have you had any payments for the Tuition or the Maintenance Loan? When did you start the course? Thanks
Original post by David SLC
Hi Angela. I understand, just to get a few more details, when did you last submit evidence? Have you had any payments for the Tuition or the Maintenance Loan? When did you start the course? Thanks

I started in the course in September. The last time o sent an evidence was two days ago. I have not had any payments for tuition since September. And I’m surprised the university hasn’t even kicked me out yet.
Hi there. When did you start employment and what evidence did you send us last time? Thanks, Leah.
I was asked to send my hmrc employment history from 2022 to 2023. Which I’ve sent as well as a payslip from my current part time job as proof that I’m working whilst studying
Hi there. It's currently taking around 5 working days to process this evidence. You will receive a response with the outcome via email once it has been processed. They will let you know the next steps once it has been processed. If it isn't accepted you would need to apply on a new application for Tuition Fees only. This should have been mentioned at the bottom of one of the previous emails. Thanks, Leah.
No it was never mentioned but thank you for letting me know
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. It's currently taking around 5 working days to process this evidence. You will receive a response with the outcome via email once it has been processed. They will let you know the next steps once it has been processed. If it isn't accepted you would need to apply on a new application for Tuition Fees only. This should have been mentioned at the bottom of one of the previous emails. Thanks, Leah.

If that’s the case how will I apply for tuition fee only as I’m an eu student
You can apply by posting in an EU23N form. You can get them here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms.
I would advise waiting until the Migrant Worker outcome, but it's up to you if you want to go ahead and just apply for Tuition Fees only instead. Thanks, Leah.
You can apply by posting in an EU23N form. You can get them here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms.
I would advise waiting until the Migrant Worker outcome, but it's up to you if you want to go ahead and just apply for Tuition Fees only instead. Thanks, Leah.

Ok I’ll wait and then apply. Thank you very much for your assistance.
You're welcome. Have a nice day 🙂
You're welcome. Have a nice day 🙂
do you know how long it will take for me to get a reply from them as it’s been more than five days. I’m very worried.
Hi there. What date did you send the evidence? The timescales at the moment are around 7 working days (not calendar days), however these are subject to change. Thanks, Leah.
Hi there. What date did you send the evidence? The timescales at the moment are around 7 working days (not calendar days), however these are subject to change. Thanks, Leah.

I sent the evidence last Thursday
Hi Angela,

This evidence will still be getting processed and you should get an update on your online account on the 11th of April, subject to change.

Thanks, Drew
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi Angela,
This evidence will still be getting processed and you should get an update on your online account on the 11th of April, subject to change.
Thanks, Drew

I just received a reply and I’m still being asked for evidence that I have already sent time ago.. this is too much for me as I keep going back and forth sending too many documents just for the migrant team to tell me to send more evidence . It’s been a whole year of constant back and forth and this really affecting my mental health. I can’t do this anymore. I think I’m just gonna drop out. But thanks anyway.
This has been the worst academic year I’ve ever experienced. With no one to help or support me from the university to this. I I can count over 50 plus evidences sent over the past year and months. But it’s still not enough. I’m so depressed right now as I don’t even know what to do anymore. Is like they don’t even go through all the evidence until I give them a call to remind them that curtain things their asking me for I’ve already sent. It’s making the process too long. And it’s really affecting me mentally. All of this just so I can get an education. I can’t take it anymore.
Hi Angela,

I am so sorry to here the stress you are currently going through. We are unable to access accounts on the Student Room so we are not able to check your account. I would advise you to contact us so we can look into your account. To access our live chat service select undergraduate and then ‘contact us’. From here you will be able to use our live chat service when it is available. Alternatively, you can contact us on 0300 100 0607 for further assistance. Our opening hours are stated on our ‘contact us’ page.

Thanks, Drew
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi Angela,
I am so sorry to here the stress you are currently going through. We are unable to access accounts on the Student Room so we are not able to check your account. I would advise you to contact us so we can look into your account. To access our live chat service select undergraduate and then ‘contact us’. From here you will be able to use our live chat service when it is available. Alternatively, you can contact us on 0300 100 0607 for further assistance. Our opening hours are stated on our ‘contact us’ page.
Thanks, Drew

I’d like to apply for tuo fee only how do I do them? And what evidence do you think I’d need for that? I want to do it as soon as possible
Original post by Angela Bediako
I’d like to apply for tuo fee only how do I do them? And what evidence do you think I’d need for that? I want to do it as soon as possible

Do I choose the EUPR1A form or the EU tuition fee request form?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending