The Student Room Group

I will likely have only 5A's at Higher when I leave school- enough for OXBRIDGE?

I'm currently leaving my fifth year at school (Scottish system) having completed my English higher, and expecting to get a good result from that (A).

Next year, I will be studying Psychology, Classics, History, and RMPS. I've already studied much of the course for history and RMPS, but decided to do the courses over two years.

I do not think that it is immodest for me to call myself intelligent, but I am not necessarily terribly academic. For me, I've always felt that school has been a process of filling a pail, when it should have been sparking a fire.

I hope to study Philosophy, Politics, and Economics at Oxford- and should pass the TSA easily. My concern is that- even if I were to achieve As in all of my highers by the end of sixth year- I would not be considered by Oxford through UCAS.

Would 4-5 A's at Higher be good enough to get me in the interview room?

+
I have great extra-curricular experience that will help my application stand out also: Model UN; debating; Rotarian soviety; lengthy work experience; internships; volunteering programmes.
Reply 1
Original post by smb99
I hope to study Philosophy, Politics, and Economics at Oxford- and should pass the TSA easily. My concern is that- even if I were to achieve As in all of my highers by the end of sixth year- I would not be considered by Oxford through UCAS.

Would 4-5 A's at Higher be good enough to get me in the interview room?

I've moved your post to the Oxford forum:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
I've moved your post to the Oxford forum:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!
Have you seen this page? https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses/entrance-requirements/response-scottish-qualifications-reform?wssl=1

I’m not too familiar with Scottish qualifications but unfortunately it looks like the answer might be no, without Advanced Highers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending